Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Kane Williamson

New Zealand ace batter Kane Williamson has clarified the rumors about his retirement from international cricket after turning down the central contract for the 2024-25 season. Kane Williamson reiterated his commitment to the national team, stating his intention to continue playing for as long as he can.

Kane Williamson declined the central contract and stepped down after New Zealand's early exit from the 2024 T20 World Cup in the West Indies and the USA. The 33-year-old batter also stepped down as the white-ball captain. Williamson has been one of New Zealand's most prolific run scorers across the formats.

Williamson had a disappointing T20 World Cup, both as a captain and a batter. New Zealand suffered losses to Afghanistan and the West Indies and failed to advance to the Super 8 stages. The Kiwis' early exit was a shock, considering their consistent performances in ICC tournaments over the past decade.

My Priority Still Is Absolutely Playing For New Zealand - Kane Williamson

Speaking to reporters after arriving in New Zealand, Kane Williamson stated that he wants to continue playing for New Zealand in all three formats. Williamson emphasized his love for representing the Black Caps and his commitment to remaining part of the team as long as he can contribute effectively.

"My priority still is absolutely playing for New Zealand. I want to play as long as I can - I love playing for New Zealand. I've really enjoyed my time captaining and it's been a privilege and an honor to do that for a number of years. Being a part of this team is so dear to me and I want to remain in that community for as long as I can, as long as I'm offering and adding value," Williamson said.

Williamson scored only single figures in losses to the West Indies (1) and Afghanistan (9) in the T20 World Cup 2024. He managed to remain unbeaten on 18 runs in New Zealand's consolation win against Papua New Guinea.

2028 Is A Number Of Years Away - Kane Williamson

Kane Williamson stated that he wants to play international cricket until 2028 but prefers to take it year by year. The veteran cricketer acknowledged that he needs to manage his time effectively, adding that New Zealand Cricket is really supportive of that.

"In terms of a timeframe, it's difficult to say. Want to keep being fit, doing as well as I can, keep trying to improve. That [2028] is a number of years away and it's a year at a time. All major events and key series are things that whet the appetite and are an exciting prospect. They are down the line. Managing my time as well as I can after doing it for so many years is important and I know New Zealand Cricket are really supportive of that," Williamson further stated.

New Zealand Cricket will face the challenge of appointing a new white-ball captain following Williamson's resignation. Williamson led New Zealand to the finals of the 2019 ODI World Cup and the 2021 T20 World Cup. He also captained them to victory in the inaugural World Test Championship (WTC) in 2021.

Also read: "Should Virat Kohli open?" - Aakash Chopra's striking verdict on Star Indian Batter's disappointing form

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Rohit Sharma

Afghanistan National Cricket Team players in Mohammad Nabi, Naveen-ul-Haq, and Azmatullah Omarzai shared their views on the Indian captain Rohit Sharma ahead of the game between the teams at the T20 World Cup 2024. The match between the teams will be taking place on Thursday (20th June).

India and Afghanistan will be opening their campaign in the Super 8 stage of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024. Both the teams will be locking horns at the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados, and will be high on confidence, especially after their performances in the league stage of the tournament.

Going into the game, India captain Rohit Sharma will be extremely important for his team. The opening batter will be crucial for his team and on an individual basis, he would be keen to make an impact as he currently isn't having the kind of outing he would've wanted.

Rohit Sharma started the tournament on a high note. The captain played a magnificent innings on a tough pitch at the Nassau County International Cricket Stadium in New York against Ireland. He slammed a terrific half-century and helped his team win.

After that Rohit Sharma didn't look in great touch. He managed just 13 runs in the game against Pakistan and followed it up with another low total against the United States of America, where batting wasn't easy at the Nassau County International Cricket Stadium in New York.

However, going into the Super 8 stage of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 which will take place in the Caribbean, a massive responsibility will be on Rohit Sharma. The batter would be keen to provide the team with positive starts at the top and set the platform for the others to set a big total on the board in all the remaining games of the team.

As a captain, Rohit Sharma has been sensational in the ongoing T20 World Cup 2024. He has led the team incredibly well and has made brilliant bowling changes. Therefore going into the Super 8 stage, a lot would be reliant on him not only as a batter but also as a a skipper.

Afghanistan players make massive about Rohit Sharma

Ahead of the game between India and Afghanistan, the players from the Rashid Khan-led side share their love for Team India skipper Rohit Sharma. Mohammad Nabi said that the opening batter has a lot of time and is a good player of spin. He said: "He has lots of time, a great player of spin bowling".

Naveen-ul-Haq also shared what he feels about India captain Rohit Sharma. He said that the opening batter is a great player and has performed well for the team. He stated: "He is a great player, great opener, performed well for many years".

Azmatullah Omarzai hailed India captain Rohit Sharma for his timing and stated: "He is a Hitman, he has lots of time, can hit anywhere".

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Pakistan

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is set to make a number of changes to the selection committee after Pakistan's dismal campaign in the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup 2024.

The Babar Azam-led side failed to progress ahead of the group stage after losing two of the four games. Pakistan began the competition with humiliating defeats against the USA and India. Those two defeats pretty much sealed their fate in the tournament. Even though they went on to win their last two games against Canada and Ireland, it did not make much difference as Pakistan bowed out at the group stage.

The latest failure has only extended Pakistan's poor performances in recent times. It all started during the Asia Cup last year when they failed to advance to the final. It was followed by a poor campaign in the ODI World Cup as well where they could not go past the league stage. After the World Cup, Babar Azam had stepped down as the captain.

However, Babar was reinstated as the captain in April this year but it did not change Pakistan's fortunes. Pakistan drew the home T20I series against a second-string New Zealand side before losing a T20I in Ireland last month. It was followed by a 2-0 loss against England.

PCB to make changes to the selection committee:

Following the poor campaign in the T20 World Cup, the PCB is set to make a few changes to the seven-member selection committee. According to a report in ESPNcricinfo, streamlining the operations of the selection committee is a top priority for the PCB.

The report further stated that the number of members in the selection committee will be reduced. The PCB is also likely to ditch its newly introduced experiment of having a selection committee without an official head or chief. The current selection committee was formed just over two months ago.

Former pacer Wahab Riaz, who was serving as the chief selector, had to give up the title although he continued to remain a member. As per the new rules, each of the seven members carried an equal vote. However, the PCB is now planning to do away with the experiment. The report also stated that Wahab is unlikely to be reinstated as the chief of the selection panel if the post is recreated.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Virat Kohli and Mohammad Hafeez

Former Pakistan captain Mohammad Hafeez has created controversy by calling Virat Kohli 'selfish'. This is not the first time when Hafeez has questioned Virat Kohli's batting intent.

During the World Cup match against South Africa last year, Hafeez had slammed Kohli for not showing intent and playing for his century rather than his team.

Hafeez claimed that Kohli had slowed down after getting into the nineties in order to reach his 49th ODI century.
"I saw sense of selfishness in Virat Kohli's batting and this happened for the third time in this World Cup. In the 49th over, he was looking to take a single to reach his own hundred and he didn't put the team first," Hafeez had said on a Pakistani TV show which was covering the World Cup 2023.

Mohammad Hafeez. 'I saw sense of selfishness in Virat Kohli's batting and this happened for the third time in this World Cup. In the 49th over, he was looking to take a single to reach his own hundred and he didn't put the team first'.#INDvsSA | #ViratKohli | #RohitSharma pic.twitter.com/50VoKGXZhq

โ€” Immy|| ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ (@TotallyImro45) November 6, 2023

Also read: Indian pacer dies amid T20 World Cup 2024; entire cricket fraternity in shock

Mohammad Hafeez repeats his words, and questions Virat Kohli's intent again

Recently, during an interaction on a YouTube show Club Prairie Fire, in which Adam Gilchrist and Michael Vaughan were also involved, Mohammad Hafeez stood by his words and explained the reason behind calling Kohli selfish at that time.

โ€œI was right that time. If you see the whole context, you will know. To me, no matter whoever is playing, your intention, your way of playing should always be towards winning the game,โ€ Hafeez replied to a query on the show.

โ€œBut if someone is stopping himself from playing big shot in the 90s, I will never take it. On 95, if someone is taking five balls to get to his 100 and not thinking that if maybe on those three or four balls, if I can hit," he explained.

"If my intentions get changed after scoring 100, why I cannot play that same shot when I was on 95? Or on 92? Because to me, your intent should always remain the same โ€“ do whatever possible to add value to your team and get them to a winning position,โ€ Hafeez added.

'Personal milestones should go away from cricket' - Mohammad Hafeez

Hafeez further explained his stance by saying that Kohli took a lot of balls to reach his century without playing any big shots.

โ€œI felt in that game Virat took a lot of balls to get to his 100 and he was not playing big shots. If you watch his century again, maybe you will realize what I was saying," the former Pakistan allrounder explained.

"For me, personal milestones should go away from cricket. Your 50s, your 100s, your 5 wickets โ€“ as fan of cricket we donโ€™t want to watch these kind of 50s and hundreds if they are not in a winning cause. In the game of cricket, even one run matters,โ€ he added.

Virat Kohli took nine balls after his 90th run to reach his hundred in that match. He hit a four when he was on 93 and completed his century in 119 balls.

India scored 326-5 in that match thanks to Kohli's unbeaten 101 off 121 balls. In reply, South Africa were bundled out for a meager 83 runs with Ravindra Jadeja picking up a five-wicket haul. India went on to win the match by 243 runs.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Mohammad Hafeez and Team India

India and Afghanistan are all set to kick off their journey in the Super-8 stage of the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup 2024 with a much-waited clash between the two Asian teams on Thursday, June 20, at the Kensington Oval in Barbados.

The Afghanistan cricket team is coming into the high-stakes Super-8 clash on the back of their crushing defeat against the co-hosts, the West Indies, in their final Group C match, while the Indian cricket team is unbeaten in the ongoing T20 World Cup 2024, with their last game against Canada washed out in Florida.

India and Afghanistan gear up for Super-8 showdown in ICC T20 World Cup 2024

However, India played their last game in the tournament on June 12 against the USA. Afghanistan has already played a couple of matches in the Caribbean Islands and even in Barbados, so they will have an extra edge in terms of conditions.

On the other hand, Team India is riding high on confidence, and the players have extensive experience of playing conditions in the West Indies. They are also fresh, so they would be raring to outsmart Afghanistan in the Super-8 clash.

Ahead of the IND vs AFG Super-8 clash, former Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez has launched a scathing attack on the Indian cricket team over their ICC drought. Hafeez mentioned that there are a lot of big and legendary players, but they havenโ€™t won an ICC trophy since 2013.

He also said that the Men in Blue are underperforming in the ICC events. They were very close to winning the ODI World Cup 2023 at home but lost to Australia. But this time also, they couldnโ€™t cross this line. The former Pakistan captain expressed his wonder at how people are overhyping India and giving them the tag of one of the favorites to win the T20 World Cup 2024.

Mohammad Hafeez slams India's performances in ICC events

According to his personal point of view, the former PCB Director of Cricket doesnโ€™t think Indiaโ€™s drought of the ICC title will end this time, while also labeling them as the underperforming team in the ICC events.

He mentioned that India has great individuals, and they will test themselves against one of the best teams in the world, but he doesnโ€™t consider them one of the favorites to win the ongoing T20 World Cup in 2024.

Hafeez also picked Australia and South Africa are the favorites to win the trophy. He made these shocking comments during his candid discussion with former England captain Michael Vaughan and Australian wicketkeeper-batter Adam Gilchrist on the 'Club Prairie Fire' YouTube channel.

"It's a challenge, to be honest, because India, like, we can tag them with all the big names, to be honest. Like, they are the giants, they are the global force and everything, but they've never won any ICC event in the last 10 years. I agree. They are underperforming in ICC events, so this could be one of the challenges they must be playing for as a team, because last time they were very close to winning. But I think somewhere they couldn't cross that line, so I think this time they must be playing with a challenge to do it for the right reason. And, you know, to prove yourself as the best team, you need to be in ICC events," he said.

"You could be great individuals. If you don't win ICC events, you should not be tagged that much. But unfortunately, not unfortunately, but I think for the right reason, for some of the people, the tag in India is higher than their level, I believe," he added.

Earlier, Hafeez revealed that he found 4 to 5 players asleep in the dressing room mid-game, a behavior he strongly condemned. He emphasized the need for unwavering focus during the matches and urged the players to maintain their commitment on and off the field.

Notably, he served as the Pakistan team director and the interim head coach from November 2023 to February 2024.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
India

India National Cricket Team are one of the biggest cricket teams in the world. They play throughout the year and this time around it is no different as they will be having a jam-packed schedule till the next Indian Premier League (IPL), which will be the 18th edition of the league.

India National Cricket Team are currently playing in the T20 World Cup 2024. They have reached the Super 8 stage of the tournament and will be aiming to reach the final of the tournament.

After the T20 World Cup 2024, India will be traveling to Zimbabwe for the five-match T20I series. The series will begin on the 6th of July followed by the second and the third game to be played on the 7th and 10th of July respectively. The last two matches will be played on 13th and 14th July respectively. All the games will be played in Harare.

Following the Zimbabwe tour, the Indian team will be on the flight to Sri Lanka, where they will be playing three ODIs and three T20Is. Although the entire schedule of the series is yet to be announced, the tour will begin on 27th July 2024 and is expected to end in the second week of August.

After that India will be hosting Bangladesh in the two-match Test series and the three-match T20I series. The first Test will be played from 19th September in Chennai and the second game will take place on 27th September in Kanpur. The T20I series will begin from 6th October in Dharamshala. The second match will be played in Delhi on 9th October followed by the last game of the series set to take place on 12th October in Hyderabad.

Within the four days, India will be engaged in a Test series with New Zealand, which will begin on 16th October at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru. The second and the third Tests of the series are slated to take place from 24th October and 1st November at Pune and Mumbai respectively.

The Rohit Sharma-led side then will be traveling to Australia for the Border Gavaskar five-match Test series. The first match will be played at Optus Stadium in Perth from 22nd November. The second game between India and Australia will be a day and night fixture that will be played in Adelaide from 6th December.

The third Test is scheduled to take place at at Gabba in Brisbane from 14th December followed by the Boxing-Day Test at Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) from 26th December. The last match will be played in Sydney from 3rd January.

After that, England will be touring India for a white-ball series. The two teams will be locking horns with each other in the three-match ODI and five-match T20I series, which will begin on 22nd January in Chennai followed by the second and third matches to be played in Kolkata and Rajkot on 25th and 28th January respectively.

The last two T20Is between India and England will be played on 31st January and 2nd February in Pune and Mumbai respectively. The ODIs are scheduled to take place from 6th to 12th February in Nagpur, Cuttack, and Ahmedabad.

Following that India will be playing the Champions Trophy, which will be played in Pakistan, and after that, they will be playing the World Test Championship final in March if they make it into the summit clash.

Indian team's full schedule after the T20 World Cup 2024

5 T20Is vs Zimbabwe

3 ODIs and 3 T20Is vs Sri Lanka

2 Tests & 3 T20Is vs Bangladesh

3 Tests vs New Zealand

5 Tests vs Australia

3 ODIs & 5 T20Is vs England

Champions Trophy 2025

ICC World Test Championship final (if India qualify)

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Shabnam Shakil

Teenage pace sensation Shabnam Shakil has been handed her maiden call-up to the Indian womenโ€™s cricket team for the ongoing multi-format series against South Africa at home on Thursday, June 20. Initially, Shakil was overlooked for the home series against South Africa.

However, the Indian Womenโ€™s Selection Committee reconsidered their decision and handed the maiden call-up to the Under-19 World Cup winner after the first two T20Is against the South African womenโ€™s cricket team in Bengaluru. Shakil, known for her ability to trouble top-order batters, has quickly risen through the ranks since her Under-19 World Cup success.

Shabnam Shakil earns maiden India call-up for South Africa Series

They considered Shakil on the back of her standout performances in the Womenโ€™s Premier League (WPL) 2024, where she represented the Gujarat Giants. Shakil picked up four wickets in four WPL 2024 matches at an economy of 7 and dismissed the likes of Nat Sciver-Brunt, Alyssa Healy, and Chamari Athapaththu at just 16 years of age.

This performance displayed her potential to thrive on the international stage and brought her into the limelight. Meanwhile, Shakil's inclusion is seen as a strategic move to manage the workload of India's frontline pacers.

With Pooja Vastrakar and Renuka Thakur leading the new-ball attack in the ongoing ODI series, Shakil's addition adds depth and versatility to the squad. She has been named in the ODI, Test, and T20I squads, with only the ODI match remaining of the home series against South Africa Women on June 23.

Shabnam Shakil set for India debut across the formats

Both teams will play a one-off test on June 28, followed by a three-match T20I series on July 5. The Indian team is leading the ODI series 2-0 against the tourists. Shakil was recently in Bengaluru. She initially participated in a specialized camp for pacers ahead of the selection process for India's squads for the ongoing multi-format series against South Africa.

Later, she featured in the Board President's XI team that faced the tourists in a warm-up match.

The BCCI said in an official media release: โ€œThe Womenโ€™s Selection Committee on Thursday announced the addition of right-arm pacer Shabnam Shakil to Indiaโ€™s squad for all three formats for the ongoing multi-format IDFC First Bank series against South Africa.โ€

Here are India's womenโ€™s squads for the South Africa Series:

Indiaโ€™s updated ODI squad for the three-match ODI series: Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Shafali Verma, Deepti Sharma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Richa Ghosh (WK), Uma Chetry (WK), Dayalan Hemalatha, Radha Yadav, Asha Sobhana, Shreyanka Patil, Saika Ishaque, Pooja Vastrakar, Renuka Singh Thakur, Arundhati Reddy, Priya Punia, and Shabnam Shakil

Indiaโ€™s updated Test squad for the one-off Test: Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Shafali Verma, Shubha Satheesh, Jemimah Rodrigues, Richa Ghosh (WK), Uma Chetry (WK), Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, Saika Ishaque, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Pooja Vastrakar, Arundhati Reddy, Renuka Singh Thakur, Meghna Singh, Priya Punia, and Shabnam Shakil

Indiaโ€™s updated squad for the three-match T20I series: Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Shafali Verma, Dayalan Hemalatha, Uma Chetry (WK), Richa Ghosh (WK), Jemimah Rodrigues, Sajana Sajeevan, Deepti Sharma, Shreyanka Patil, Radha Yadav, Amanjot Kaur, Asha Sobhana, Pooja Vastrakar, Renuka Singh Thakur, Arundhati Reddy, and Shabnam Shakil

Standby: Saika Ishaque

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Hanuma Vihari

Hanuma Vihari seems to be having a change of heart as he has decided against playing for Madhya Pradesh in the forthcoming domestic season.

Earlier this year, the out-of-favor India batter had sensationally announced that he would never represent Andhra again as he alleged political interference in the team selection. Hanuma Vihari made the allegations in February after Andhra's campaign in the Ranji Trophy came to an end with a defeat against Madhya Pradesh.

In an Instagram post, Hanuma Vihari had also alleged that he was forced to step down as the captain after the team's first game of the season against Bengal. Vihari claimed that he lost his captaincy after shouting at the 17th player of the squad as the latter's father was a politician. He also stated that he felt humiliated and embarrassed after the incident before announcing that he would never play for Andhra again.

Recently, he also got his no objection certificate (NOC) from the Andhra Cricket Association to represent any other team in the domestic circuit. Before getting the NOC, the former Andhra captain stated that he had been asking for the NOC for the past two months but did not receive it until this month.

"I have been asking for NOC for two months, mailed them four times. Didn't give my NOC. Now things have turned, they have issued my NOC immediately," wrote Hanuma Vihari on X.

Hanuma Vihari turns down Madhya Pradesh again:

After Hanuma Vihari received the NOC, it was expected that he would finally join Madhya Pradesh. However, their head coach Chandrakant Pandit has confirmed that the middle-order batsman has decided against joining the team. Vihari has already informed Pandit about his decision.

"He has backed out. I got a message this morning that he will not be playing for us. Itโ€™s unfortunate but we canโ€™t help it," Pandit was quoted as saying by CricketNext.

The news outlet further claimed that the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) was waiting for Vihari to submit the NOC so that they could complete all the paperwork. However, the NOC never arrived before the batsman confirmed that he would not join the team. Pandit tried to contact the batter for the last one week but Vihari did not respond and finally called back on Wednesday (June 19).

"I have been trying to speak to him for the last 5-6 days but wasnโ€™t able to talk. I then dropped him a message and he called back last evening and said he would update me. This morning I got a message from him that he will not be able to play for us," added Pandit.

Vihari has turned down Madhya Pradesh for the second year in a row and the MPCA officials are reportedly unhappy with the batsman. The batter had himself reached out to Pandit after the rift with Andhra Cricket Association but has decided against joining the team now.

Interestingly, Vihari's post about getting the NOC after a long delay is not available on his timeline anymore. There is a possibility that he might decide to stay with the Andhra team after the recent political development in the state.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
India

Team India is currently taking on Afghanistan in the 43rd game of the ongoing ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2024. The game is the first Super 8s game for both the teams.

The India stars came out on the field for the game wearing black armbands. The Indian team is sporting the black armbands in memory of former India fast bowler David Johnson, who passed away on Thursday (June 20). Johnson represented India in two Tests in 1996 and made a name for himself with his ability to bowl extremely fast.

In the domestic circuit, Johnson represented Karnataka. The former India pacer played 39 first-class games and picked up 125 wickets at an average of less than 30. He had also scored a century in first-class cricket. Johnson played 33 List A games as well and picked up 41 wickets. He last played a competitive game in 2015.

Team India will wear black armbands today in memory of former Indian fast bowler David Johnson, who passed away on Thursday. pic.twitter.com/dhFiwjnWSs

โ€” BCCI (@BCCI) June 20, 2024

India batting first against Afghanistan:

Talking about the game, India captain Rohit Sharma won the toss and opted to bat first in the crucial game. The Men in Blue have made one change to their playing eleven for the game against Afghanistan. Left-arm spinner Kuldeep Yadav has replaced Mohammed Siraj in the team. Afghanistan have also made one change to their team, bringing in Hazratullah Zazai for Karim Janat.

"We are going to bat first. Looks alright at this moment, looks a good track. No grass on the pitch, I guess it will get slower. It's better than New York. We have to adapt to the conditions quickly.

"We have been here for a couple of days, we have played a lot of cricket. It's about understanding what we need to do in conditions like these. It's an early start. Usually start in the evening elsewhere. We enjoy playing here. We have made one change, Kuldeep comes in for Siraj," said Rohit Sharma at toss.

Teams:

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Shivam Dube, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Jasprit Bumrah

Afghanistan (Playing XI): Rahmanullah Gurbaz(w), Ibrahim Zadran, Hazratullah Zazai, Gulbadin Naib, Najibullah Zadran, Azmatullah Omarzai, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan(c), Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Rohit Sharma

Rohit Sharma's dismal campaign in the ongoing ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2024 continued as he failed to get going in the ongoing game against Afghanistan in Barbados.

Team India are drawn in Group 1 for the Super 8s stage of the tournament. The other three teams in the group are Afghanistan, Australia and Bangladesh. The onus was on captain Rohit Sharma to lead from the front and give the team a good start in the crucial game but he failed to live up to the expectations and flopped with the bat for the third game in a row.

The right-handed batsman had started his campaign on a good note by scoring a match-winning fifty against Ireland. However, he has not been able to impress with the bat since then. In the second game against Pakistan, Rohit Sharma was out for only 13 runs before being dismissed for 3 against USA.

Fortunately for India, the captain's failure did not cost them big as they went on to win against Pakistan and USA to book their place in the Super 8s. After the two failures, all eyes were on Rohit Sharma for the ongoing game after he won the toss and opted to bat first. However, he could not justify the decision and was out for a single-digit score.

The India opener scored 8 runs off 13 balls and was dismissed by left-arm pacer Fazalhaq Farooqi in the third over. With Rohit Sharma failing to impress with the bat again, the fans were quick to slam him.

Here are some of the reactions to Rohit Sharma's poor outing against Afghanistan:

Rohit sharma choked against afg in the wt20, ab toh Afghanistan sahi m badi team ban gayi ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต

โ€” Roffman (@RealRoffman) June 20, 2024

Afghanistan cricket team are no more minnows. Rohit Sharma failing against them proves that :)

โ€” ๐—š๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฟโ„๏ธ (@GunRoasterr) June 20, 2024

Rohit Sharma Selfless Knock Comes To An End.

Managed 8 Valuable Runs In 13 Balls

He Should Not Play T20 Cricket, Saying This For Last 6 Months. pic.twitter.com/jxddU8ziHc

โ€” Vaibhav Bhola ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ (@VibhuBhola) June 20, 2024

Rohit Sharma struggled right through the IPL and he is struggling in the World Cup as well. If we don't win the World Cup, before making sweeping changes in the squad, BCCI top management should resign and sack the selection committee.#INDvAFG

โ€” Brutal Truth (@sarkarstix) June 20, 2024

#INDvsAFG #AFGvIND #RohitSharma

Rohit Sharma playing under Captaincy Quota#INDvsAFG pic.twitter.com/FCPfQVO17t

โ€” I AM VIKASH (@vikashb22528633) June 20, 2024

Rohit Sharma is finished in cricket.he should retire after this tournament #INDvAFG

โ€” Betting Baba ๐Ÿ’ฐ (@Betting_Baba_) June 20, 2024

Rohit Sharma is continuing his T20I world cup form from the previous two T20 World cups. pic.twitter.com/6mhTJqxuk8

โ€” Vipin Tiwari (@Vipintiwari952_) June 20, 2024

Rohit sharma after playing few balls pic.twitter.com/Ewt2wviRAn

โ€” ๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŽ€ (@Virginiaawoollf) June 20, 2024

Left arm pacers Rohit Sharma ko dekhte hi #INDvsAFG pic.twitter.com/PwMDjUFmvk

โ€” Prakash Kukna7801043 (@Prakashjat78036) June 20, 2024

Rohit Sharma struggled against Afghanistan like he is a general candidate trying to clear Govt exam.

โ€” Priyajit 2.O (@Rohitswarrior1) June 20, 2024

Rohit Sharma playing under Captaincy Quota #INDvsAFG #AFGvIND pic.twitter.com/hKVrorxw3y

โ€” ๐‘น๐’‚๐’‰๐’–๐’ ๐‘ซ๐’–๐’ƒ๐’†๐’š ยนโธ (@Rahuldubey5_) June 20, 2024

*Left arm bowler takes run up*

Rohit Sharma: pic.twitter.com/WXgmMlljfI

โ€” Sagar (@sagarcasm) June 20, 2024

Rohit Sharma is the big match player.

The big match- pic.twitter.com/PF7WEJWetu

โ€” TukTuk Academy (@TukTuk_Academy) June 20, 2024

Rohit Sharma when he sees a bowler throwing a ball with his left arm ๐Ÿ’€ pic.twitter.com/rlYRyEK9w9

โ€” Dinda Academy (@academy_dinda) June 20, 2024

Rohit Sharma's wagon wheel in this T20 World Cup pic.twitter.com/nzO5ectVWd

โ€” Aman_Chain ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ (@Amanprabhat9) June 20, 2024

Talking about the game, India were on 47 for 1 in the sixth over at the time of writing this report. Rishabh Pant and Virat Kohli were batting in the middle for India. Both the batters have got the start and the Indian team will be hoping that they go on to convert their starts into big scores.

Pant has looked in good form in the World Cup and will be looking to score big. On the other hand, Kohli will be looking to make amends after his terrible performance in the group stage where he managed to score only 5 runs in 3 innings.

Members

Threads

Back