Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Virat Kohli and Rahul Dravid

Indian cricket team head coach Rahul Dravid has addressed key concerns regarding India's playing XI ahead of the crucial ICC T20 World Cup 2024 Super-Eight match against Afghanistan on Thursday, June 20, at the Kensington Oval in Barbados.

With Virat Kohli's struggles as an opener in the group stages of the ongoing T20 World Cup 2024, there have been a lot of speculations about his batting position in the playing XI for the crucial phase of the tournament.

Kohli, who had a stellar IPL 2024, has yet to replicate his scorching form in the tournament, leading to calls for him to be moved down the batting order. Well, Team India captain Rohit Sharma already hinted that the opening combination might remain unchanged for their Super-8 game against Afghanistan.

Rahul Dravid opens up about Virat Kohli's position for Afghanistan clash in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

But Rahul Dravid suggested a more adaptable approach. Addressing the media in Barbados, Dravid emphasized the need for flexibility in the batting order. The Indian coach stressed that each game presents unique challenges and that the team must be ready to adapt its strategy accordingly.

He said that changes in the batting lineup are often made with specific match situations in mind, and while they don't always produce the desired results, the intention is to optimize the team's performance based on the conditions and opposition.

Furthermore, Dravid highlighted past instances where the Men in Blue had changed the batting order, like promoting Axar Patel and Rishabh Pant in the lineup during their crucial Group A match against Pakistan. He noted that these adjustments were part of a broader strategy that takes into account factors like match-ups and ground dimensions in T20I cricket.

We can't judge everything based on results: Rahul Dravid

Rahul Dravid told the media at the pre-match press conference in Barbados: “Each situation is unique. It is hard to keep something set in stone. I believe we should be flexible in our thinking and able to adapt to situations. I feel we have always been conscious of that. A lot of the time, you make these changes keeping something in mind, and it works sometimes or it doesn't, but we can't judge everything based on results."

"For example, in the Pakistan game, we moved Axar up the order or we moved Rishabh up the order as well. You do see a lot more of it happening in the T20 format with teams using match-ups factor or using the dimension of the ground.”

Meanwhile, Dravid kept all their plans under wraps but hinted that one of the wrist spinners, either Kuldeep Yadav or Yuzvendra Chahal, might be included in India's playing XI for their Super-8 match against Afghanistan in Barbados.

The Indian head coach admitted the challenges of leaving out quality players, but the conditions and specific requirements made them take those calls. Well, Dravid suggested that the Indian team might opt for an extra spinner against Afghanistan, considering the Barbados pitch is expected to favor spin.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction

England will be squaring off against South Africa in the 45th match of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024. In this article, we look at ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction Today Match, ENG vs SA Dream11 Team Today, Playing 11s, and Pitch Report.

ENG vs SA Match Preview:.

In the Super 8 stage, England secured a victory in one of their matches, placing them at the top of Group 2’s points table. Meanwhile, South Africa also won one of their games and currently holds the second position in the same group.

In their most recent match, England faced West Indies and emerged victorious by 8 wickets. Phil Salt and Jonny Bairstow contributed significantly, scoring 87 runs and 48 runs, respectively.

South Africa’s last game was against the USA, where they won by 18 runs. Quinton de Kock and Aiden Markram played crucial roles, smashing 74 runs and 46 runs, respectively.

Overall, these two teams have faced each other 24 times in this format, with both England and South Africa winning 12 matches each.

ENG vs SA Head-to-Head Record:

Teams

Matches Won

England

South Africa

ENG vs SA Weather & Pitch Report:

Temperature

27°C

Weather Forecast

Moderate Rain

Pitch Behaviour

Batting-friendly

Best Suited To

Pace and spin

Average 1st innings score

Record of chasing teams:

Records

Poor

Winning %

43%

ENG vs SA Squads:

England Squad: Phil Salt, Jos Buttler©(wk), Jonny Bairstow, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Reece Topley

South Africa Squad: Quinton de Kock(wk), Reeza Hendricks, Aiden Markram©, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi

ENG vs SA Dream11 Team Today Stats:

Player

Players Stats (last match)

Quinton de Kock

74 runs

Philip Salt

87 runs

Anrich Nortje

1 wicket

Jos Buttler

25 runs

Hot Picks for ENG vs SA Fantasy Cricket Tips:

Captaincy Picks:

Jos Buttler

Quinton de Kock

Top Picks:

Philip Salt

Anrich Nortje

Budget Picks:

Sam Curran

Marco Jansen

ENG vs SA Captain and Vice-captain Choices:

Captain

Quinton de Kock & Jos Buttler

Vice-Captain

Phillip Salt & Anrich Nortje

ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction Team 1:

• Keepers – Jos Buttler, Quinton de Kock (c), Heinrich Klaasen, Phillip Salt (vc)
  • Batsmen – Jonny Bairstow
  • All-rounders – Moeen Ali, Aiden Markram
  • Bowlers – Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid

ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction Fantasy Cricket Tips Dream11 Team World Cup 2024

ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction Team 2:

• Keepers – Jos Buttler (c), Quinton de Kock, Heinrich Klaasen, Phillip Salt
  • Batsmen – Jonny Bairstow
  • All-rounders – Aiden Markram, Marco Jansen, Sam Curran
  • Bowlers – Anrich Nortje (vc), Kagiso Rabada, Jofra Archer

ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction Fantasy Cricket Tips Dream11 Team World Cup 2024

ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction Today Match 45 ICC T20 World Cup 2024 Players to Avoid:

Players

Dream11 Credits

Dream11 Points (Last match)

Ryan Rickelton

6.0 credits

DNP

Harry Brook

7.0 credits

4 points

ENG vs SA Dream11 Prediction Today Match 45 ICC T20 World Cup 2024 Expert Advice:

SL Captaincy Choice

Quinton de Kock

GL Captaincy Choice

Jos Buttler

Punt Picks

Marco Jansen and Sam Curran

Dream11 Combination

4-1-2-4

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Rashid Khan and Virat Kohli

Former Indian cricketer Aakash Chopra shared his thoughts on whether Virat Kohli should continue as an opener for India in their Super 8 match against Afghanistan in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024. Aakash Chopra stated that Virat Kohli should open the batting with skipper Rohit Sharma in India's upcoming match.

Virat Kohli has had disappointing performances with the bat in his new role as an opener in the ongoing T20 World Cup. The right-handed batter has scored just five runs in three innings at an average of 1.67 and a strike rate of 55.56. He was dismissed for a first-ball duck against the United States of America (USA).

The team management promoted Virat in the batting order to accommodate all-rounder Shivam Dube in the playing XI. Rishabh Pant has batted at No. 3 throughout the tournament. The wicketkeeper-batter has amassed 96 runs at an impressive average of 48.00 and a strike rate of 124.68, with a best score of 42.

Virat Kohli Should Open - Aakash Chopra

In a video shared on his YouTube channel, Aakash Chopra stated that Virat Kohli could deliver a game-changing performance in the upcoming game against Afghanistan if he continues to open the batting.

"A big question that is doing the rounds is - Should Virat Kohli open? I am saying - Yes sir, 100% Virat Kohli should open, and if he opens in this game, I even feel it could be a Player-of-the-Match-like performance because he is that kind of player and has done well against this team as well," Chopra said.

The cricketer-turned-commentator emphasized that India should not change their strategy for the upcoming games despite Virat Kohli's disappointing performances in challenging batting conditions in New York. Chopra said that Kohli, known as a run machine, will be determined to bounce back.

"It hasn't been good thus far, so as they say he will be very hungry. The run machine himself satiates his hunger for runs by scoring runs. So I feel Virat Kohli should first open. You wouldn't want to change your game plan entirely based on what happened in New York," Chopra added.

Virat Kohli scored his only T20I century against Afghanistan during the 2022 Asia Cup while opening the innings. Kohli has scored 201 runs in four T20I innings against Afghanistan at an average of 67.00 and a strike rate of 171.79. However, he was dismissed for a golden duck in his most recent innings against the Afghans.

Yashasvi Jaiswal Will Have To Wait - Aakash Chopra

Aakash Chopra mentioned that Yashasvi Jaiswal would need to wait for his chance in the World Cup. Chopra also praised Shivam Dube's return to form, highlighting his recent performances in the last series he played against this team.

"Yashasvi (Jaiswal) will have to wait. Virat Kohli to open with Rohit Sharma. This will be my first thought. Then Rishabh Pant at No. 3 and Suryakumar Yadav at No. 4. It's mandatory for both of them to do well. The form Shivam Dube has got now, it's thumbs up with both hands. His name came in the team based on his performances in the last series he played against this team," Chopra further added.

Also read: Pakistan players' wives blamed for their shambolic outing in T20 World Cup 2024 by former Pakistan cricketer

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Michael Vaughan and Virat Kohli

Former England captain Michael Vaughan wants Virat Kohli to go back to his traditional style of batting rather than trying to score aggressively. Kohli has had a disappointing tournament so far with scores of 1, 4, and 0 in the three games he has played.

The bowling-friendly pitches in New York also had a big role to play in his diminishing returns but Virat Kohli has been dismissed while trying to score runs quickly. With the remaining matches of the T20 World Cup 2024 to be held in the West Indies, the pitches are likely to be better for batting.

Michael Vaughan wants Virat Kohli to play low-risk cricket

During a chat with Cricbuzz, Michael Vaughan emphasized the need to play low-risk cricket on bowling-friendly pitches. The former England batter believes that Kohli has found it difficult to adjust to the batter-friendly pitches in the IPL.

"He has come on the back of an incredible IPL. A lot of these players played in the IPL where scores were 200 plus, pitches were flat, and boundaries quite small. Boundaries were coming pretty much at will for all these players."

"They have now gone to work where the pitches are doing a little bit more. I think the strike rate has been 180 plus that these players have been so used to. Now they have to assess the conditions and realize that 160 score is going to be very competitive," Vaughan said.

Michael Vaughan urges Virat Kohli to return to his old style

Vaughan also mentioned that there are lots of changes in the T20 World Cup as there is no impact sub-rule and the pitches have been assisting the bowlers. He felt that Kohli's old style of play would be beneficial on such pitches.

"I think we all thought with this World Cup that this T20 juggernaut has just moved on and the players have gone to a different level. I think the impact sub also plays a big part in the IPL as there is no impact sub in the World Cup. The pitches are doing a little bit more, so it's about bringing that old Virat-style player," the 49-year-old opined.

"Virat of the old used to just bat and play and strike at 130. I would say that kind of play is going to be valuable if the pitches are going to continue to do things. If we go to the Caribbean where the pitches are flatter and 220 becomes a par score, of course, you have to strike at 180," he added.

'If you can be the glue...' - Michael Vaughan on Virat Kohli's role in India's batting line-up

The former England batter urged Kohli to be the glue of India's batting which will allow the other batters to bat around him.

"If you can be the glue, the scores are going to be 150-160. If Virat is the glue, India are always going to get that number. Virat has to work out what is right on the given day. If I were in the India team, I'd be whispering Virat and just say 'Just go back in the gears a little bit' because if you can bat 15 overs, and Suryakumar (Yadav), Rohit (Sharma), Rishabh (Pant) just bat around you, India are always going to get a competitive score," Vaughan concluded.

Virat Kohli will be expected to regain his form as he is one of the key players in the Indian team. In a crucial stage of the tournament, India wants its talismanic batter to be back amongst the runs.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
PRD vs SPT Dream11 Prediction

Praha Dominators and Prague Spartans will lock horns in the 18th match of ECS T10 Czechia 2024. In this article, we look at PRD vs SPT Dream11 Prediction Today Match, PRD vs SPT Dream11 Team Today, Playing 11s, and Pitch Report.

PRD vs SPT ECS T10 Czechia Match 18 Preview:

Praha Dominators have yet to win a game in the tournament, while Prague Spartans have secured victories in two out of their three matches. This puts Praha Dominators in tenth place and Prague Spartans in fourth place on the current standings.

PRD vs SPT Head-to-Head Record:

Teams

Matches Won

Praha Dominators

Prague Spartans

PRD vs SPT ECS T10 Czechia Match 18 Weather & Pitch Report:

Temperature

22°C

Weather Forecast

Precipitation

Pitch Behaviour

Batting-friendly

Best Suited To

Pacers

Average 1st innings score

Record of chasing teams:

Records

Good

Winning %

68%

PRD vs SPT ECS T10 Czechia Match 18 Squads:

Praha Dominators Squad: Himel Rongdi, Kawsar Hossain, Md Alamin, Mehedi Hasan, Mehedi Sheikh, Rubait Miah, Shaiful Islam, Jaynto Goswami, Azad Azad(wk), Shakil Ahmad, Abdullah Al Mahmud©

Prague Spartans Squad: Jinnu Panilet, Jobin Dominic, Parth Bhalodiya, Kasi Balakrishanan, Fayaz Ahmad(wk), Neeraj Tyagi©, Aditya Rayaprolu, Suhaib Wani, Riaz Ahmad, Mohit Thumar, Arun Rajendiran

PRD vs SPT Dream11 Fantasy Cricket Players Stats:

Player

Players Stats (last match)

Himel Rongdi

4 runs

Jobin Dominic

90 runs and 3 wickets

Aditya Rayaprolu

NA

Parth Bhalodiya

33 runs

Hot Picks for PRD vs SPT Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Cricket Tips:

Captaincy Picks:

Parth Bhalodiya

Himel Rongdi

Top Picks:

Aditya Rayaprolu

Jobin Dominic

Budget Picks:

Rubait Miah

Shakil Ahmad

PRD vs SPT ECS T10 Czechia Match 18 Captain and Vice-captain Choices:

Captain

Himel Rongdi & Parth Bhalodiya

Vice-Captain

Jobin Dominic & Aditya Rayaprolu

PRD vs SPT Dream11 Prediction Team 1:

• Keeper – Fayaz Ahmad
  • Batsmen – Parth Bhalodiya, Md Alamin, Kasi Balakrishnan
  • All-rounders – Himel Rongdi (c), Jobin Dominic (vc), Shakil Ahmad
  • Bowlers – Riaz Ahmad, Rubait Miah, Suhaib Wani, Mohammad Ali Akbar

PRD vs SPT Dream11 Prediction Team 2:

• Keeper – Fayaz Ahmad
  • Batsmen – Parth Bhalodiya (c), Md Alamin, Kasi Balakrishnan
  • All-rounders – Himel Rongdi, Jobin Dominic, Aditya Rayaprolu (vc)
  • Bowlers – Riaz Ahmad, Rubait Miah, Suhaib Wani, Abdullah AI Mahmud

PRD vs SPT Dream11 Prediction Today Match 18 ECS T10 Czechia Players to Avoid:

Players

Dream11 Credits

Dream11 Points (Last match)

Kawsar Hossain

6.5 credits

12 points

Jinnu Panipichai

7.0 credits

5 points

PRD vs SPT Dream11 Prediction Today Match 18 ECS T10 Czechia Expert Advice:

SL Captaincy Choice

Himel Rongdi

GL Captaincy Choice

Parth Bhalodiya

Punt Picks

Abdullah Al Mahmud and Aditya Rayaprolu

Dream11 Combination

1-3-3-4

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Rishabh Pant

Former Pakistan cricketer Wasim Akram has praised Indian wicketkeeper-batter Rishabh Pant for making an incredible comeback after a serious car accident in December 2022. Wasim Akram described Rishabh Pant as an inspirational story for future generations, labeling him as a 'miracle child'.

Rishabh Pant made his comeback to competitive cricket in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 after a 15-month absence. The left-handed batter made an impact with his batting and wicketkeeping skills during IPL 2024. Pant scored 446 runs at an average of 40.54 and a strike rate of 155.4, including three fifties.

The 26-year-old continued his batting form in the T20 World Cup 2024. The wicketkeeper-batter is the leading run-getter for India in the ICC tournament. Rishabh has scored 96 runs in three innings at an impressive average of 48.00 and a decent strike rate of 124.67 in challenging batting conditions in New York.

Rishabh Pant Is Proving He Is A Super Human - Aakash Chopra

In a conversation with Sportskeeda, Wasim Akram expressed admiration for Rishabh Pant's remarkable recovery and batting abilities. Akram stated that Rishabh is proving he is a superhuman, calling him a miracle child for his comeback and impactful contributions.

"Pant ki performance dekh rahe hai. Miracle jo iss ladke ne kiya hai, dikhaya hai ki he is superhuman. Jis tragedy se woh wapas aaya hai. Jis tarah se uska accident, maine clips dekhe the, we were all worried in Pakistan [The kind of performance Pant is giving after that accident, he is proving he is a superhuman. We saw the clips and all were worried about him],” Akram said.

"I was worried, actually maine tweet bhi kiya tha unke baare me. And he came back and he averaged 40 this year in IPL - 446 runs, a strike rate of 155. Woh toh miracle bachcha hai,” he added.

Rishabh Pant Is Special - Aakash Chopra

The cricketer-turned-commentator praised Rishabh Pant for his Test cricket performances, highlighting his century against Australia and his batting prowess against England. Akram specifically mentioned Pant's use of reverse sweeps against James Anderson and Pat Cummins.

"Jis tarike se usne Test cricket me performance di. Jo Australia me jaake usne 100 kiya. Phir uske baad England ke khilaaf usne batting ki. Test cricket me reverse sweeps, [James] Anderson ko, [Pat] Cummins ko. [The way he performed in Test cricket. He scored a century in Australia. Then he batted against England. In Test cricket, using reverse sweeps against [James] Anderson and [Pat] Cummins]. He is special," Akram further stated.

Rishabh Pant will next be seen in action when the Rohit Sharma-led team faces Afghanistan in a Super 8 match at the Kensington Oval in Barbados on Thursday, June 20. The Men in Blue will then take on Bangladesh and Australia in their remaining two Super 8 matches on June 22 and June 24, respectively.

Also read: Watch- Nicholas Pooran caught fooling opposition on live TV, West Indies devise unorthodox strategy behind the wickets

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Suryakumar Yadav and Virender Sehwag

Former Indian opener and cricket pandit, Virender Sehwag, has reacted to Suryakumar Yadav’s latest statement on the pitches and conditions on offer at the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup 2024 ahead of Team India’s Super-8 clash against Afghanistan on June 20 in Barbados.

Ahead of India's crucial Super-8 match against Afghanistan, Suryakumar, the world's top-ranked batter, claimed that he has adjusted his approach according to the challenges posed by the varied pitches in the ongoing T20 World Cup 2024 in the USA and Caribbean Islands.

You have to change according to the situation: Suryakumar Yadav

The right-handed batter, known for his aggressive strokeplay, has shown adaptability on the demanding surfaces in New York, where conditions demanded a more cautious approach. However, he is optimistic about the pitches in the Caribbean, expecting them to better suit his natural game.

Yadav's match-winning knock of an unbeaten 50 off 49 balls against the USA showcased his versatility, ability to adapt to match situations, and maturity under pressure in challenging conditions. He anchored India's victory with an unbeaten 50 off 49 balls over the USA in New York.

Suryakumar Yadav said in a media interaction in Barbados: If have you been number one for two years, you should be able to bat in different conditions and change the game as per the needs of the team. That displays good batsmanship and that is what I try. You have to be very smart how you want to extend your innings. You have to change according to the situation, what team demands at that moment and talk to your partner who is inside, calm your nerves down and then take the innings ahead.”

He also said that the Caribbean pitches are much better than those in the USA. He also mentioned that sweeps and reverse sweeps are his strongest points, and he is eager to use those during the Super-8 matches in the West Indies, as he has been practicing those shots during the practice sessions here.

Virender Sehwag praises Suryakumar Yadav's tactical approach to ICC T20 World Cup 2024 conditions

Meanwhile, reacting to Suryakumar’s statement, Virender Sehwag praised the Indian batter for his proactive approach to adapting to match situations and conditions in the ongoing T20 World Cup 2024.

The former Indian opener believes that Surya’s ability to adjust to varying conditions and deliver when it matters most will be a crucial and positive sign as Team India aims to dominate the Super-8 stage.

The commentator further highlighted that when a player vocalizes their approach and then executes it on the field, it reflects positively on their understanding and commitment. He noted from his own career experience how such statements can influence perceptions within the team and help the batter himself and his team.

Virender Sehwag said on Cricbuzz Live: “It's a good thing that when the player himself says that he should play according to the situation and conditions, then it stays in the mind. Then if he gets out on a bad shit, then the 14 people sitting outside would say, ‘Oh, he talked about the situation and conditions and now how he is playing’.

When a batter himself says that I think we should play like this on this ground, on this wicket, this should be done, this game should be planned, and then he does it in the match. So that's a good thing that the statement given by Suryakumar Yadav in the press conference. It's a good thing that he said that I will play according to the situation and conditions, and he should do it. So that's a good sign for India that he is adjusting to the conditions.”

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Ambati Rayudu and Virat Kohli

Former India batter Ambati Rayudu has given a big statement on Virat Kohli's form before India's first Super Eight fixture against Afghanistan in Barbados. Kohli has been struggling for form this tournament and has scored just 5 runs in three matches so far.

He came into this tournament on the back of a highly successful IPL season where he emerged as the highest run-getter of the tournament. But Kohli has scores of 1, 4, and 0 in the three matches he played in the group stage. With the T20 World Cup 2024 reaching an important stage now, India will expect big runs from their prolific batter.

Also read: Virat Kohli told to tone down if he wants to be successful in the T20 World Cup 2024

Ambati Rayudu backs Virat Kohli to play a memorable knock

While speaking to Star Sports, Ambati Rayudu claimed that Kohli is a big match player and looked determined in his practice sessions. Rayudu backed Kohli to play a memorable knock that the upcoming generations will remember.

"He is a big match player. He likes playing on a big stage and has done well for India over the years. He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. He just wants to win matches for India, that's his only mission and he is practicing according to it as well. We are seeing his commitment in the practice," Rayudu stated.

"It seems like Virat Kohli in the USA and in the Caribbean will be like chalk-and-cheese. Kohli will perform the way that the generations will remember for years to come," he added.

Will we see a turn in the tide for @imVkohli as #TeamIndia gears up to face #Afghanistan in the 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝟖?

📹 | @IrfanPathan & @RayuduAmbati discuss the burning question about 👑 Kohli's form! 👀

Don't miss the action in the 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝟖 - World Cup ka Super Stage 👉pic.twitter.com/sSB9ahqt2n

— Star Sports (@StarSportsIndia) June 20, 2024

Irfan Pathan echoes Ambati Rayudu's statements

Meanwhile, former India fast bowler Irfan Pathan also echoed Rayudu's statements by saying that Virat Kohli will perform well in this match. Along with Kohli, Pathan also backed Indian captain Rohit Sharma to play a big knock.

"Big player, big expectations. His expectations are not only from the fans but he has expectations from himself as well. He wants to perform when India needs him to. Virat Kohli has done this again and again. I am sure both Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli will perform well. We could witness a once-in-a-lifetime performance from these two men," Pathan said.

"Despite scoring more than 25000 runs and winning numerous games for India, Kohli has been practicing for the last two days in this heat as he knows there are back-to-back games in the Super Eight stage. His commitment to India has been outstanding," Pathan mentioned Kohli's dedication to his practice sessions.

India have been grouped with Afghanistan, Australia, and Bangladesh in Group 1 of the Super Eight stage of the T20 World Cup 2024. After playing Afghanistan on June 20, India will travel to Antigua to play Bangladesh on June 22. The Men in Blue will then move to St. Lucia for their last Super Eight clash against Australia on June 24.

India have an excellent record over Afghanistan in T20 World Cups, winning all three matches played against them so far.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
India,

India vs Afghanistan Live Score: India will be taking on Afghanistan in the 43rd match of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 at the Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados.

India vs Afghanistan Match Details:

• Date: June 20, 2024
  • Venue: Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
  • Time: 8:00 PM IST

India vs Afghanistan Live Score: ICC T20 World Cup 2024, Super 8, Match 43

India vs Afghanistan will clash in the highly anticipated 43rd match of the T20 World Cup 2024 at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados on June 20.

India (Team News)

As India gears up for its Super 8s campaign in the ICC Twenty20 World Cup in Barbados, skipper Rohit Sharma and head coach Rahul Dravid couldn't have wished for a more favorable draw for the second stage of the competition.

Grouped with Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Australia, the path to the semifinals seems straightforward, with Australia being the only higher-ranked team (No. 2) compared to India. Afghanistan (ranked No. 10) and Bangladesh (ranked No. 9) trail significantly in the Twenty20 International rankings.

It will be interesting to see at what position Virat Kohli bat in this encounter, India will come out all guns blazing in this all-important match. India's first opponent in the Super 8s, Afghanistan has earned a reputation as the giant killers.

Having already knocked out New Zealand, a team known for its consistency in ICC competitions, Afghanistan has shown they can upend higher-ranked teams. The victory against New Zealand in the first round was a testament to their growing prowess.

Afghanistan (Team News)

Afghanistan has acclimatized well to the Caribbean conditions, having played all their matches in the region so far. In contrast, India will make its first appearance in the West Indies tomorrow.

Many Afghan players have gained valuable experience in the IPL, familiarizing themselves with Indian cricket dynamics and thriving under the pressures of T20 cricket.

Afghanistan has shown remarkable improvement, evolving from a bowling-dominant side to a well-rounded team with a competent batting lineup. Despite their No. 10 ranking, they cannot be underestimated, consistently punching above their weight.

Rashid Khan has dismissed Rohit Sharma four times in 40 deliveries in T20s and the Afghanistan skipper could look at bringing himself on slightly early in the innings.

Meanwhile, Suryakumar Yadav, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant, and Hardik Pandya have collectively been dismissed by left-arm pace 31 times in T20Is since January 2022, making Fazalhaq Farooqi key for Afghanistan.

India vs Afghanistan Head-to-Head Records (overall):

Total matches – 04

India – 4

Afghanistan– 0

Tie - 0

India vs Afghanistan Squads

India Squad: Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Shivam Dube, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Siraj, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Kuldeep Yadav, Sanju Samson, Yuzvendra Chahal

Afghanistan Squad: Rahmanullah Gurbaz(w), Ibrahim Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Azmatullah Omarzai, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Karim Janat, Rashid Khan(c), Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Fareed Ahmad Malik, Mohammad Ishaq, Nangeyalia Kharote, Hazratullah Zazai

India vs Afghanistan: Probable Playing XIs

Probable XI: Rohit Sharma (c), Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Shivam Dube, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Arshdeep Singh

Probable XI: Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Azmatullah Omarzai, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Karim Janat, Rashid Khan (c), Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi

Pitch Report: Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

The pitch at Kensington Oval in Bridgetown has been favorable to batters, making India's ability to handle Afghanistan's spinners—Rashid Khan, Noor Ahmad, and Mohammed Nabi—a critical factor. Players like Shivam Dube, prepared specifically for this challenge, will need to step up.

The middle order, featuring a strategic left-right combination, aims to disrupt the opposition consistently, a tactical asset past Indian teams lacked.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Rovman Powell and Brandon King

West Indies captain Rovman Powell shared an update on opener Brandon King's injury that he suffered while batting in their first Super Eight match against England at Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St. Lucia.

Brandon King pulled a muscle when he was batting on 23 off 13 balls. He had to retire hurt and was immediately taken off the field. King did not return to take any further part in the match as West Indies racked up 180-4 on the back of a powerful batting line-up.

Shimron Hetmyer came in as the substitute to field for King during the second innings. It remains to be seen if King gets fit for West Indies' next match against the USA, which will be held on June 21 at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados.

Also read: "The generations will remember for years to come"- Ambati Rayudu on Virat Kohli before Super 8

Rovman Powell gives an update on Brandon King's injury

After the match, West Indies skipper Rovman Powell seemed worried about King's injury. During the post-match presentation, Powell hoped for King to be fit before their next match against the USA.

“Just a bit worried, but hopefully he can pull through for the next game,” Powell said.

The extent of King's injury is unknown yet but it didn't look good on first impression. King was in sublime touch as he had already hit 3 fours and 1 six during his short cameo. His knock helped give West Indies a solid start at the top.

England cruise past West Indies

Meanwhile, England chased down the target of 181 runs by 8 wickets with 15 balls to spare. The match was interestingly poised at one point when England had lost its second wicket for 84. But Jonny Bairstow came in at No. 4 and scored 48* off just 26 balls to end the hopes of the home team.

Phil Salt also made a significant contribution with an unbeaten 87 off just 47 balls. Salt hit 7 fours and 5 sixes during his knock. West Indies' bowling attack lacked penetration on the day as the bowlers were taken for runs all along the ground.

Earlier, West Indies batters got good starts but couldn't convert them into big ones. Johnson Charles, Nicholas Pooran, and Rovman Powell were dismissed in the thirties while Sherfane Rutherford impressed with another handy contribution down the order with a quickfire 28* off 15 balls. Legspinner Adil Rashid picked up 1-21 in four overs.

'He hurts us' - Rovman Powell on Phil Salt's batting performance

After the match, West Indies skipper Rovman Powell lauded Phil Salt for his spectacular batting performance.

“It is always difficult, every time he plays against WI, he hurts us. We couldn't execute our plans against Phil. Our destiny is in our own hands and we need to win well, we need to continue playing good cricket,” Powell said.

This was West Indies' first loss of the tournament after four wins in a row. They topped Group C with wins over, Papua New Guinea, Uganda, New Zealand, and Afghanistan. West Indies will play the USA and South Africa in their next two Super Eight games in Barbados and Antigua respectively.

Members

Threads

Back