0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Michael Vaughan and Rinku Singh

Former England cricketer Michael Vaughan was slightly critical of Rinku Singh's performances in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 but backed him to come good. He said that the batter had the opportunities to on some occasions but he failed to deliver and also highlighted why the batter failed to get going.

Rinku Singh has been one of the biggest disappointments for Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024. Ahead of the tournament, there were a lot of expectations from him as he had created himself a huge name but all that didn't work in the league.

Rinku Singh didn't get much opportunity to bat as he would've wanted but he couldn't set the stage on fire even in the limited opportunities that he got in the league. Things got even worse for him when he missed out on the Indian team for the T20 World Cup 2024.

Rinku Singh, who was named in the reserves for T20 World Cup 2024, 168 runs this year in 11 innings, but thankfully that hasn't cost Kolkata Knight Riders much as they have booked their berth in the final of the tournament after they defeated Sunrisers Hyderabad in Qualifier 1.

Michael Vaughan while talking about the Rinku Singh hailed him as a terrific player. Although he accepted that the batter didn't make use of opportunities well the former England cricketer is confident that the young batter will be fine. Speaking to Cricbuzz, he explained:

"He's had opportunities and he came quite early on some occasions, but couldn't maximise his chances. He's a terrific player who can strike the ball. His level is so high because we expect. In T20s, you got to take so many risks, that every now and then, you have a run of games where it doesn't quite go your way.

“You are talking about trying to hit it out of the ground regularly, and you can get caught. As long as his mindset is purely to be aggressive -- he's a better player that way -- he will be absolutely fine."

I don't think, we are gonna be like 'Where's Rinku Singh gone! He's disappeared - Michael Vaughan

Michael Vaughan further stated that Rinku Singh is a quality player and he won't be among those players who disappeared after some time. The former England international expressed his confidence in the KKR batter, saying that he will come good as all he needs to do is spend some time in the middle. He added:

"He averages 80 for India because he gets not outs at the end, he's a quality player. He's not a flash in the pan, I don't think, we are gonna be like 'Where's Rinku Singh gone! He's disappeared. He's not the player we thought he was.

“He just having one of those periods. The top order works, whereas in the previous year, it wasn't working and he was getting to bat earlier on a regular basis, he could knock around for a while and then explode. He's had some opportunities but primarily came further down at the backend,"
he concluded.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
West Indies cricket team

The 29-year-old West Indies National Cricket Team all-rounder Rahkeem Cornwall showcased an exceptional batting performance in the USA-based T20 league Atlanta Open on Wednesday, October 5, and blasted a spectacular double century.

The West Indies all-rounder, who has played for the teams like St Lucia Kings, Leeward Islands, Barbados Royals and Antigua Hawksbills, did the unthinkable in the Atlanta Open 2022 clash between Atlanta Fire and Square Drive at the Ground-4.

ICC Teams Rankings | ICC Players Rankings

Kraigg-Brathwaite-and-Rahkeem-Cornwall-3.jpg

Image Credit: Twitter

The Atlanta Open 2022 is a competition that consists of 16 teams. The teams are divided into four different groups in the T20 tournament. Also, the winners of the USA-based T20 competition are all set to get the prize money of $75,000.

Rahkeem Cornwall Smashes Unbeaten 205 Runs In T20 Competition

West-Indies.jpg

Rahkeem Cornwall (Image Credit: Twitter)

In the Atlanta Open 2022 clash between Atlanta Fire and Square Drive on Wednesday, October 5, the former won the toss and elected to bat first.

Rahkeem Cornwall opened the innings for his side with Steven Taylor and annihilated the Square Drive bowling unit. The Square Drive used 8 bowling options in the match and all the bowlers got decimated by the Caribbean all-rounder.

The 29-year-old all-rounder, who has played 9 Test cricket matches for the West Indies National Cricket Team, smashed an unbeaten 205 runs off just 77 balls and his sensational innings consisted of 17 fours and 22 sixes. Also, he batted with an outstanding strike rate of 266.23 in the match.

Atlanta Fire batters Steven Taylor and Sami Aslam also chipped in with 53 runs each to help their side post a whopping total of 326/1 on the board. Chasing the target, Square Drive were able to score 154/8 and they faced a 172-run defeat in the match.

Also, Rahkeem Cornwall was awarded Player of the Match for his remarkable double-century in the T20 game. However, his mind-blowing innings of 205* runs will not go into the history books as the USA-based T20 competition, Atlanta Open is not a recognised tournament.

Meanwhile, the record for the highest individual score in T20 cricket is still held by West Indies National Cricket Team batting legend Chris Gayle, who blasted 175 runs for the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) against the Pune-based franchise in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2013.

Chris Gayle

Chris Gayle. Image Credits: Twitter

The record for the highest individual score in T20I cricket is held by Australia National Cricket Team captain Aaron Finch, who slammed 172 runs against Zimbabwe in 2018.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Rahkeem Cornwall put Atlanta Fire on top with a DOUBLE century going 205*(77) with 2️⃣2️⃣ MASSIVE sixes ??? pic.twitter.com/1iRfyniiUw

— Minor League Cricket (@MiLCricket) October 6, 2022

Also Read: Watch: Kyle Mayers Hits Unbelievably Monstrous 105-metre Six Off Cameron Green In 1st T20I

Get All Cricket match prediction and fantasy Tips – CLICK HERE

Cricket Match Prediction | T20 World Cup Match Prediction | Today Match Fantasy Prediction | Fantasy Cricket Tips | Cricket News and Updates | Cricket Live Score

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Arjun Tendulkar. PC- BCCI

Arjun Tendulkar, son of legendary Sachin Tendulkar, made a huge impact for his new domestic team Goa in the ongoing Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament (SMAT 2022) as he recorded his career-best T20 figures of 4/10 in a losing effort against Hyderabad on October 14.

Tendulkar, who had made his domestic cricket debut for Mumbai a couple of seasons ago, moved to Goa ahead of this ongoing domestic season in a bid to get more matches to showcase his talent which he was not able to do for Mumbai given the fight for a spot in the playing XI.

He shined throughout with the ball in the recent match that was played in the Sawai Man Singh Stadium in Jaipur and saw Hyderabad prevail over Goa.

Set 178 runs to win the match after a terrific bowling performance by their bowlers, Goa batters faltered badly in the chase. None of their batters managed to go past the 50-run mark with Aditya Kaushik top-scoring with 33 runs and Tunish Sawkar making 23 runs. In the end, they were bowled out for 140 runs and lost the match by 37 runs.

For Hyderabad, Ravi Teja was the pick of the bowlers with figures of 4/20.

Arjun Tendulkar Registered Career Best T20 Figures Of 4/10 For Goa

Earlier in the day, Goa captain Snehal Kauthankar won the toss and chose to field first. Arjun Tendulkar opened the bowling and struck early, sending back Hyderabad keeper-opener Prateek Reddy to the pavilion for 3 runs.

Then Tanmay Agarwal, who scored 55 in 41 balls with 6 fours and one six, added 112 runs for the second wicket with the talented Tilak Varma, Arjun Tendulkar’s teammate in Mumbai Indians. Varma shined with the bat as well, slamming 62 in just 46 balls with 6 fours and 2 sixes.

After Darshan Misal removed Agarwal to break the partnership, Tendulkar jumped into action and picked the wickets of Rahul Buddhi for 8 runs, who was caught by Siddhesh Lad and then accounted for dangerous Ravi Teja, who was out LBW for 4 runs.

Tendulkar also dismissed Tilak Varma, who got out for 62, dismissed as LBW as Hyderabad finished their 20 overs for 177/6.

Arjun Tendulkar finished with 4/10 with one maiden in his four overs, his best figures in T20 cricket thus far.

Also Read: “There Has Been No BCCI President In Independent India Who…”- Arun Dhumal Brushes Aside Politics Behind Sourav Ganguly’s Exit

Cricket Match Prediction|T20 World Cup Match Prediction|Today Match Fantasy Prediction|Fantasy Cricket Tips|Cricket News and Updates|Cricket Live Score

Here is the video of his terrific spell of bowling:

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Dinesh Karthik

At the current DY Patil T20 tournament in Navi Mumbai, Dinesh Karthik excelled in his comeback to competitive cricket. In DY Patil Group B’s game against RBI, the veteran batted for them and scored 75 runs off 38 balls with the aid of five fours and six sixes in his knock.

He played at No. 4 and contributed to his team’s record-breaking 186 runs in 20 overs for the cost of just six wickets. In the final over of the power play, the right-handed hitter moved to the centre and made sure to play all the way through.

IPL 2023 | Australia tour of India 2023 | Dream11 Prediction | Fantasy Cricket Tips | Cricket Match Prediction Today | Cricket News | Cricket Live Score

Dinesh Karthik Gets Ready For IPL 2023

The rivals of DY Patil Group B were limited to 161 for the loss of seven wickets after they were given a challenging mark to chase.

After his last appearance for Tamil Nadu in their Ranji Trophy encounter against Saurashtra at the GS Patel Stadium in Nadiad, Dinesh Karthik has made a comeback to any form of cricket.

IPL 2023 | India National Cricket Team | IND vs AUS 2023 | India vs Australia 2023

Previous to that, Karthik participated in the T20 World Cup in Australia, where India lost to Jos Buttler’s England in the championship match by a score of 10 wickets and was unable to proceed to the final.

Dinesh Karthik was released from the national team after competing in the big event, and he then returned to the commentary booth. The 37-year-old is prepared to compete in the March 31 start date for the 2023 season of the Indian Premier League (IPL).

Dinesh Karthik made his debut for India with some excellent performances for the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) during the previous season. Karthik has scored 6941 runs in 373 T20 matches with a strike rate of 135.30 and an average of 27.54.

Also Read: Adidas Almost Ready To Join BCCI As An Apparel Sponsor: Reports

Virat Kohli | Rohit Sharma | Rishabh Pant | KL Rahul | Suryakumar Yadav | Sanju Samson | Shreyas Iyer | Yuzvendra Chahal | Jasprit Bumrah

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
T20 Blast

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is reportedly considering major changes to their T20 tournaments due to the threat posed by Major League Cricket (MLC). The ECB is considering the introduction of a new T20 tournament to replace the existing T20 Blast and The Hundred.

England currently hosts two T20 tournaments in the calendar year. However, these tournaments are not living up to the standards set by other franchise leagues around the world. The success of the inaugural editions of the SA20, ILT20, and MLC leagues added extra pressure on England.

Dream11 Prediction | Fantasy Cricket Tips | Cricket Match Prediction Today | Cricket News | Cricket Live Score | Asia Cup 2023 | ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 | IND vs AFG 2023 | IND vs WI 2023

The ECB Considering To Scrap T20 Blast And The Hundred

As per The Times, the ECB is considering the abolition of both the T20 Blast and The Hundred tournaments. Top officials from the ECB and county chiefs are exploring the possibility of creating a new T20 tournament, and discussions regarding this proposal will take place in the coming days.

Also read: Jasprit Bumrah Yet To Be Declared Fit To Play T20 Series Against Ireland – Reports

The ECB is concerned about having two short-form tournaments in the domestic calendar and may create a new T20 tournament with private ownership involving the 18 counties. The proposed model would include shared ownership between the board, counties, and private investors.

The proposed changes to the domestic T20 tournaments in England are in the initial stages, and finalising such a significant change will take time. The existing broadcast deals and contracts need to be considered, and the potential changes may not occur until after 2025 or even 2028.

IND vs AUS 2023 | India National Cricket Team | IND vs AFG 2023 | IND vs WI 2023 | Asia Cup 2023 | ICC World Cup 2023

That’s Going To Affect The Blast Really Badly – Glenn Maxwell

Recently, Glenn Maxwell expressed concerns over the schedule of the T20 Blast and the excessive travel and limited time between matches.

“I think now the Major League Cricket tournament’s come in, that’s going to affect the Blast really badly. When you’ve got an opportunity to go over to America for two weeks, compared to 14 games here with a stressful schedule where you’re travelling all over the place,” Maxwell said on BBC Radio.

Also read: PCB Interim Chairman Zaka Ashraf To Unveil Asia Cup 2023 Schedule On Wednesday

“There was one week where we played on a Tuesday in Durham, Thursday in Leeds and then Friday here in Birmingham – that’s three games in four days with a day’s travel in between,” Maxwell added.

The MLC, a six-team tournament, will be completed within a span of two weeks. Each team plays against the other five teams only once. Play-off matches are scheduled after the completion of the group stage matches.

Also read: “I Think It’s Going A Lot More Attractive To Some Overseas Players” – Glenn Maxwell On USA’s Major League Cricket

Virat Kohli | Rohit Sharma | Rishabh Pant | KL Rahul | Suryakumar Yadav | Sanju Samson | Shreyas Iyer | Yuzvendra Chahal | Jasprit Bumrah

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Jos Buttler-Babar Azam

Pakistan takes on England in a gour-match T20I series in England before the T20 World Cup 2024. All the major teams apart from Pakistan have announced their respective T20I squads.

Pakistan recently won a T20I series against Ireland and now takes on England as a final preparation ahead of the T20 World Cup. The side has a few senior players returning to the squad for the series.

The first T20I will be played at Leeds on May 22. The match starts at 11 pm IST. Hasan Ali has been recalled in the 18-member squad that also has Haris Rauf and Azam Khan returning into the squad who did not play the last series. Agha Salman has earned his maiden T20I call-up as well.

Talking about England, all the senior players who were part of the IPL have been recalled by the RCB to take part in this series. Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, Moeen Ali, Will Jacks, Reece Topley, and Phil Salt who were playing in the IPL have all returned back for this particular series.

England's bowling attack has the likes of Jofra Archer, Mark Wood, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, and even Tom Hartley for the series. The squads almost resonate the same side picked for the T20 World Cup. England will be playing at home and hence can back themselves to win the series.

Also Read: Michael Vaughan gives smashing reply to Sunil Gavaskar and Irfan Pathan’s criticism of England players leaving IPL 2024

PAK vs ENG Broadcasting Rights in India

The PAK vs ENG T20I series will be broadcast live on the Sony Sports Network. Viewers will have to have a special subscription if they are to watch the series on HD channels.

PAK vs ENG Live Streaming Platform in India

The PAK vs ENG Live Streaming will be available on the Sony Liv app. This is the only live-streaming partner for this series in India.

Subscription Plan in India

Viewers have multiple subscriptions to choose from to watch live content on the Sony Liv app. 599 yearly for mobile, 299 monthly, a six-month LIV premium plan for 699, and a 12-month LIV premium plan for 999.

Official Broadcaster

Sony Sports Network is the official broadcaster for the Pakistan vs England series. The four-match series will be broadcast live on the network. For the live streaming of the series, fans can switch over to the Sony LIV app for premium subscription rates.

PAK vs ENG Live Streaming In India– When and Where To Watch Pakistan Tour of England Live In India? 1st T20I, 2024

When will the PAK vs ENG 1st T20I match begin?

The match begins at 11 pm IST at Leeds on Wednesday, May 22.

Where will the PAK vs ENG 1st T20I match take place?

The match will be played at Headingley, Leeds.

How to watch the Live Telecast of the PAK vs ENG 1st T20I match on television?

PAK vs ENG Live Telecast in India will be available on the Sony Sports Network.

How to watch the Livestream of the PAK vs ENG 1st T20I match on mobile Online?

PAK vs ENG live streaming in India will be available on the Sony Liv app.

Conclusion

The PAK vs ENG series is the final dress rehearsal between the two teams ahead of the T20 World Cup 2024. Both teams reached the final of the last edition of the T20 World Cup.

Also Read: PAK vs ENG: Iceland Cricket destroys Pakistan Cricket Team with yet another humiliating jibe

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Jos Buttler-Babar Azam

The PAK vs ENG four-match T20I series kicks off with the first T20I on May 22 from 11 pm IST. England skipper Jos Buttler will lead his side in the first T20I on the same day that his IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals takes on RCB in the Eliminator.

England players had to leave the IPL midway through the league stage to be available to play this particular T20I series. Former England skipper Michael Vaughan has defended his players saying that this series is important for them as a side after their poor defence of the ODI World Cup.

He further said that this series will allow the players to reunite before the T20 World Cup which is a good sign for the team.

Over 10 England players returned for the T20I series against Pakistan, including skipper Jod Buttler, Moeen Ali, Will Jacks, and Phil Salt, among others. England have included Jofra Archer for the series and would like to give him some game time ahead of the T20 World Cup. The England pacer has recently been injury-prone and missed the ODI World Cup last year as well.

Pakistan, on the other hand, are yet to name their squad for the T20 World Cup 2024. May 25 is the last date for all teams to name their T20 World Cup squads including if they want to make some changes. All the major sides have named their T20 World Cup squads apart from Pakistan.

Also Read: T20 World Cup 2024: MS Dhoni to play a crucial role in picking India's next Head Coach

For this particular series, Hasan Ali has been recalled back to the squad along with Harid Rauf and Azam Khan who missed the T20I series against New Zealand recently.

Babar Azam will lead the side after he was reinstated as the Pakistan skipper across formats. Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim had earlier taken back their international retirement to play in the T20 World Cup.

PAK vs ENG Head To Head Records In T20Is

PlayedWon by PakistanWon by EnglandTieNo Result

PAK vs ENG Head-to-Head Records: Key Statistics

The two teams have played 29 T20I matches with England winning nine games and Pakistan just nine. At home, England have won seven matches, 4 games away from home and 8 at neutral venues.

PAK vs ENG: Last 5 Encounters

In the last five games between the two sides, England have won three games and Pakistan two. England beat Pakistan in the final of the T20 World Cup 2022. Before that they played a seven-match T20I series in Pakistan they they won 4-3.

PAK vs ENG: Trends and Patterns

England have dominated Pakistan in the T20I format, having won 19 out of the 29 games. Pakistan have won nine and one match ended with no result. More recently in the last 8 matches, Pakistan have won five games while Pakistan three.

PAK vs ENG Head to Head Records- 1st T20I, Pakistan tour of England 2024

Matches Played – 29

ENG Won - 19

PAK Won- 9

Most Runs For England: Eoin Morgan- 427

Most Wickets For England: Adil Rashid- 19

Most Runs For Pakistan: Babar Azam-592

Most Wickets For Haris Rauf-16

Conclusion

Pakistan will have to name their T20I squad by the end of this series. This is a four-match series ending on May 30 with the T20 World Cup 2024 starting from June 2.

Also Read: T20 World Cup 2024: Jake Fraser-McGurk and Matthew Short earn last-minute tickets in Australia squad

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Jos Buttler-Babar Azam

Headingley is all set to host the PAK vs ENG 1st T20I on May 22, from 11 pm IST. May 22, also marks the day when Rajasthan Royals will take on Royal Challengers Bangalore in the IPL 2024 Eliminator and hene Jos Buttler will be keeping an eye on that match as well.

England will be led by Jos Buttler. They are playing this series against Pakistan who were the finalists of the T20 World Cup 2022. The Men in Green are fresh from a T2-I series win against Ireland. England are currently third in the ICC T20I rankings while Pakistan placed seventh.

The visitors have not yet announced their T20 World Cup squad. The deadline for naming the squads is May 25 which means that they will have to name the squad in this ongoing series.

The two teams have played 29 T20Is to date with England having won 19 games while Pakistan nine. Thus the balance is very much shifted towards England in the T20I format. The series ends on May 30 and Pakistan have a chance to lessen the difference.

The series serves as the ideal preparation for both teams for the T20 World Cup. England had to call back all their players playing in IPL 2024. Buttler and Phil Salt will miss the IPL playoffs for RR and KKR respectively.

Pakistan have recalled Hasan Ali for the series. Babaz Azam was reinstated as the captain ahead of the series against Ireland. He will have a tough job against England. Haris Rauf and Azam Khan who missed the T20I series against Ireland are back for this series.

Previously Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim had taken back their international retirements and made themselves available for the T20 World Cup 2024.

Also Read: No Indians Included As ICC Reveals Women’s Emerging Cricketer Of The Year 2023 Nominations

PAK vs ENG Weather Report Live Today And Pitch Report Of Headingley Stadium– 1st T20I, Pakistan tour of England 2024

PAK vs ENG Weather Report Of Leeds

The match starts at 11 pm IST in India which is 6.30 pm local time at Leeds. There is a forecast of rain in the morning which is almost 96 percent. There will be 100 percent cloud cover in the daytime.

The temperatures will be around 12 degrees in the evening with "Considerable cloudiness with a little rain" as per Accuweather. There is a 55 percent chance of rain which is enough to play spoilsport in the contest.

PAK vs ENG Pitch Analysis

So far just two T20Is have been played at this venue. England have defeated Pakistan previously at Headingley in 2021. The average score batting first is close to 200 while that batting second dips down to around 150. The pitch has good bounce and carry and is best suited to batting first. It grips in the second half as well.

Weather Impact on PAK vs ENG 1st T20I, 2024,

As per Accuweather, there is "Considerable cloudiness with a little rain" expected in the evening, Rain will play spoilsport in the match for sure it looks like. The weather conditions around will be very cold at 12 degrees with 98 percent cloud cover.

There is a 55 percent chance of rain in the evening. We can have a truncated game. There might be no game as well if the ground conditions don't allow so.

Conclusion

In case there is no game in the PAK vs ENG first T20I, the rest of the three games will all be must-win games for the two respective teams. The contest will only intensify if that happens and both teams would look for a series win heading into the T20 World Cup.

Also Read: Not Yashasvi Jaiswal! Rachin Ravindra honored with the ICC Men’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year 2023 award

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Jos Buttler-Babar Azam

The PAK vs ENG first T20I will be played in Headingley on May 22. That match kickstarts the four-match series with the series ending on May 30. The first T20I starts at 11 pm IST.

PAK vs ENG Team Analysis

England

England will be led by Jos Buttler in this series. He along with his fellow England players were called back for this particular series from the IPL. Buttler the England skipper should be wary of the threat that Pakistan poses. They played the final against England in the T20 World Cup 2022.

Jofra Archer is back in this England set as is Mark Wood, Adil Rashid, Reece Topley, and Harry Brook. Liam Livingstone who returned back early from the IPL to take care of his knee injury is also a part of the squad. It will be interesting to see how they play at home against Pakistan.

Also Read: Not Yashasvi Jaiswal! Rachin Ravindra honored with the ICC Men’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year 2023 award

Pakistan

Pakistan will be by Babar Azam who was reinstated as captain. The Men in Green recently played a T20I series against Ireland and won it 3-1 ahead of the series against England. Hasan Ali was recalled into the squad for the series. Haris Rauf and Azam Khan who missed the series against New Zealand are also back in the side. Previously Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim also came out of their retirement to be a part of the World Cup.

Pakistan are yet to announce their squad for the World Cup and must announce it by the end of the series. England leads the head-to-head count by 19-9 in 29 T20Is against Pakistan.

PAK vs ENG Key Factors

Pitch Conditions

Headingley, as a venue has hosted just two T20Is previously. The average first innings score is close to 200 and the average second innings score is close to 150. Thus there is a definite advantage for the team batting first and chasing is generally difficult at this venue.

Form and Fitness

The form of several England players is decent, especially after their outing in the IPL 2024. For England Jos Buttler, Will Jacks, and Phil Salt are the in-form batters after their heroics in the IPL. Liam Livingstone should be fit from his knee concerns as he is a part of the side.

For Pakistan, the batters are in decent form after their series against New Zealand and Ireland. Haris Rauf and Azam Khan are fit and recalled back into the side since missing the New Zealand series.

Tactical Acumen

Jos Buttler the England captain is leading the England side at home. The return of the few players bolsters their squad for the series. He is a seasoned captain and will be back to his best leading the side against Pakistan.

Much of Babar Azam's success as a skipper has come from playing in Pakistan. He has not had much success leading his team away from home. Thus this particular bilateral series will be a challenge for him.

PAK vs ENG Score Prediction

Team1st Innings2nd Innings
England200-220160-180
Pakistan180-200160-180

PAK vs ENG Match Prediction– Who Will Win Today's T20I Match? 1st T20I, Pakistan tour of England 2024

Pakistan does not have a good T20I record against England. The hosts playing at home have a huge advantage of winning the series with in-form players in their squad.

Conclusion

The two teams see this series as a dress rehearsal for the T20 World Cup next month. Thus the team that wins the series will have a massive boost ahead of the mega event while the losing team will need to deal with a setback.

Also Read: Australia's Phoebe Litchfield wins ICC Women’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year 2023

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Jos Buttler-Babar Azam

The PAK vs ENG T20I series starts with the first T20I in Headingley on May 22. The series ends on May 30 with Pakistan needing to announce their T20 World Cup squad as well in the meantime. Teams can name their squads and make changes until May 25 as directed by the ICC.

PAK vs ENG Date and Venue

The PAK vs ENG first T20I will be played at Headingley, Leeds on May 22. The match starts at 11 pm IST.

PAK vs ENG Match Preview- 1st T20I, Pakistan tour of England 2024

Pakistan

Pakistan are heading into this series after leveling the series against New Zealand 2-2 and beating Ireland 2-1. The squad will have a few players returning to the team for the series against England. Pakistan played the final of the T20 World Cup 2022 against England and eventually lost it.

They do not have a good record against England losing 19 games and winning just nine. Haris Rauf and Azam Khan who missed the T20I series against New Zealand recently are back in the squad. Imad Wasim and Mohammad Amir are also available for this series.

Pakistan Squad

Babar Azam (c), Abrar Ahmed, Azam Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Hasan Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Abbas Afridi, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Rizwan, Muhammad Irfan Khan, Naseem Shah, Saim Ayub, Salman Ali Agha, Shadab Khan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Usman Khan

England

Several England players are back from the IPL to play the series. Jos Buttler, the England skipper along with the likes of Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, and Phil Salt were the players who played for different franchises in the IPL. KKR RR and even RCB will miss a key player from England for this series.

Playing at home, the hosts would take this series as the perfect dress rehearsal for the T20 World Cup. Michael Vaughan, the former England skipper said that the series would give the players to gel well and set a goal for themselves, especially after failing to defend their ODI World Cup.

England Squad

Jos Buttler (C), Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Jonny Bairstow, Harry Brook, Sam Curran, Ben Duckett, Tom Hartley, Will Jacks, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Adil Rashid, Phil Salt (WK), Reece Topley, and Mark Wood

Also Read: Watch- Arshdeep Singh makes a weird request to Abhishek Sharma's mother after SRH beats PBKS

PAK vs ENG Key Battles

Jos Buttler vs Mohammad Amir

Amir is back in the Pakistan squad after turning back his retirement and will be up against Jos Buttler who will open the batting for England.

Babar Azam vs Jofra Archer

The inclusion of Archer in the squad is a sign of the fact that he is well and truly fit to play. He will be up against Babar Azam and will be targeting his wicket.

Liam Livingstone vs Shadab Khan

The England big-hitter came back from the IPL to focus on his knee injury. He is a part of the squad too and will have a role to play for his side in the series and the World Cup. Shadab Khan is a good match-up for the big-hitter.

PAK vs ENG Key Players

For England, Jos Buttler and Phil Salt are the key batters on form. With the ball, Archer, Wood, and Adil Rashid will be key.

For Pakistan, Babar and Rizwan will be key with the bat. With the ball. Amir, Shaheen Afridi, and Shadab Khan will be key.

PAK vs ENG Weather and Pitch Report

The venue has hosted just four T20I games to date with the average first innings score being 200. Teams batting first have had an edge in the contest and hence captain who wins the toss would ideally like to bat first.

Talking about the weather, there is a 96 percent chance of rain during the daytime. The match starts at 6.30 pm local time around which the temperatures will be around 12 degrees and will be chilly and cold due to the rain. There will be "Considerable cloudiness with a little rain" during the match time as well. It might well be a rain-affected contest.

Conclusion

England are third while Pakistan seventh on the ICC T20I rankings heading into this series. England and Pakistan were the finalists of the T20 World Cup 2022.

Also Read: KKR vs SRH: Rinku Singh issues an official statement after being left out of India's T20 World Cup Squad

Members

Threads

Back