Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Puneeth Rajkumar was a legend beyond legends, says Kannada actor Dhyan

Dhyan who played the lead in several Kannada films in the 2010s including Nanna Preethiya Hudugi, Monalisa, Jootata and Amritdhare, cannot believe that Puneeth Rajkumar is actually gone.

Puneeth Rajkumar was a legend beyond legends, says Kannada actor Dhyan

“I thought it was a Twitter hoax. How can Puneeth Rajkumar be gone so suddenly? He was just 46. That’s no age to go. And he was so fit, very health conscious. The suddenness of his death shakes you up,” says Dhyan who was active in Kannada cinema from 2001 to 2010.

“When I joined the Kannada film industry, Puneet Rajkumar was already an icon beyond all icons. His popularity and hold over the Kannada audience cannot be compared with anyone. He was God in Karnataka. Movies were sold to distributors within hours once the announcement was made that he was the hero. He was all the guarantee that a Kannada film needed for success,” says Dhyan.

Puneeth Rajkumar, says Dhyan, was venerated for not only who his onscreen persona but also off it. “He was known widely for his charity work. He ran any number of orphanages, schools, old-age homes and goshalas. He was hero-worshipped for not only the roles he played but also the person he was. So many homes of the poor had food on the table because of Mr Puneeth Rajkumar.”

Dhyan says Puneeth Rajkumar was a quiet doer. “He gave without expecting anything in return. His place in the Kannada cinema cannot be taken any other actor.”

Also Read: Amitabh Bachchan mourns Kannada actor Puneeth Rajkumar’s untimely demise

The post Puneeth Rajkumar was a legend beyond legends, says Kannada actor Dhyan appeared first on XDReams.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Harold and Kumar star Kal Penn comes out as gay, reveals he’s engaged to longtime partner Josh

Indian-American actor Kal Penn, known for his work in House, Designated Survivor, the Harold and Kumar film franchise, has come out gay. The actor also revealed that has been in a relationship with his partner Josh for 11 years and the couple is engaged.

Harold and Kumar star Kal Penn comes out as gay, reveals he's engaged to longtime partner Josh

In his new book You Can’t Be Serious, the actor shares the story of how he met his fiancé Josh and fell in love when Penn was living in Washington. “I’ve always been very public with everybody I’ve personally interacted with. Whether it’s somebody that I meet at a bar, if Josh and I are out or we’re talking to friends,” Penn told PEOPLE tabloid. “I’m really excited to share our relationship with readers. But Josh, my partner, my parents, and my brother, four people who I’m closest to in the family, are fairly quiet. They don’t love attention and shy away from the limelight.”

“Figuring out the narrative [in the book], of how to respect who they really are, with telling my story — that includes: my work life, both in Hollywood and DC, it includes my love life with Josh and how we met, it includes my parents, to the extent that I’m willing to share stories about their upbringing,” he told the tabloid. “So that was the most important thing for me. I wanted my story to be authentic from my perspective and told in a way that makes you feel like you really get to know me.”

In his book You Can’t Be Serious, Penn talked about his first date with Josh and wrote, “I thought, ‘This obviously is not going to work out. I have one day off from The White House and this dude is unironically watching cars go around and make left turns? Next thing you know, it’s been a couple months and we’re watching NASCAR every Sunday. I’m like, ‘What is happening?’ I wanted the reader to enjoy the love and the humor through all of those stories.”

“I shared things with my parents and close friends first,” he told PEOPLE. “I know this sounds jokey, but it’s true: When you’ve already told your Indian parents and the South Asian community that you intend to be an actor for a living, really any conversations that come after that are super easy. They’re just like, ‘Yeah, okay.’ I felt very supported by everyone. That’s a wonderful thing. I know everybody has different experiences with that and so I definitely feel very fortunate.”

Penn said, “I discovered my own sexuality relatively late in life compared to many other people. There’s no timeline on this stuff. People figure their s— out at different times in their lives, so I’m glad I did when I did.”

Kal Penn is happily prepping for his wedding. Meanwhile, his book will be available on November 2.

ALSO READ: Kal Penn visits Priyanka Chopra’s restaurant in New York; calls the food ‘delicious’

The post Harold and Kumar star Kal Penn comes out as gay, reveals he’s engaged to longtime partner Josh appeared first on XDReams.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Kareena Kapoor shares glimpse of Taimur chilling by pool; Arjun Kapoor cracks a joke

Every now and then Kareena Kapoor feasts her fans with pictures of her family from their recent vacations. Currently, Kareena Kapoor is on a vacation in Rajasthan and can’t stop sharing son Taimur’s cute pictures from the location.

Kareena Kapoor shares glimpse of Taimur chilling by pool; Arjun Kapoor cracks a joke

Sharing a picture on Instagram, Kareena captioned the photo, “Checking out everybody’s Halloween looks whilst chilling by the pool…#Halloween2021#desert vibe#My Son.” In the picture, Taimur is seen sitting by the poolside after a swim.

Arjun Kapoor commented, “This glass is bigger than him,” while Priyanka Chopra and Amrita Arora dropped kiss-eyes emojis in the comments section. A fan called him, “Saif junior” while many others called him “cute”.

On Saturday, Kareena had shared a picture of herself walking around a heritage property and wrote, “Hangin’ around.” She shared another picture of Taimur from the same location as he sat on a flight of stairs and wrote, “With the love of my life.”

Kareena regularly shares pictures of Taimur on Instagram. She and husband Saif welcomed their second son, Jehangir, in February this year. Talking about her two kids, Kareena had said in an interview with a print publication that Taimur has more of Saif’s personality and Jeh seems like a wonderful mix. Tim is a typical Saggitarian, he is creative, he likes art, colouring and drawing, he loves exploring and whats to know about everything whereas Jeh is Piscean and what he will develop is yet to see.

On the work front, Kareena has teamed with Aamir Khan for the third time for film Laal Singh Chaddha, a remake of the American comedy-drama Forrest Gump which is set for release in 2022. She will also portray the Mughal princess Jahanara Begum in Karan Johar’s directorial venture Takht, a historical drama featuring an ensemble cast, including Ranveer Singh, Vicky Kaushal, and Alia Bhatt.

Also Read: Kareena Kapoor Khan shares a glimpse of her Rajasthan trip with Taimur Ali Khan

The post Kareena Kapoor shares glimpse of Taimur chilling by pool; Arjun Kapoor cracks a joke appeared first on XDReams.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Manushi Chhillar roped in for UNICEF’s nationwide youth campaign

Former Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar, who is getting the biggest launch for a Bollywood debutante with her being cast opposite Akshay Kumar in Prithviraj, has been roped in by UNICEF for a youth campaign that looks to envision the India of tomorrow.

Manushi Chhillar roped in for UNICEF’s nationwide youth campaign

About the YuWaah initiative, Manushi, who is a self-made young achiever, says, “Youth is like a spark that can light lamps. We are the future, and whatever we sow today, we are going to reap a lot more of it in the future. India has more than 300 million young people, and by preparing them for the transition to work and engaged citizenship, the potential for India’s progress would be unlimited.“

Manushi, who won the Miss World crown 17 years after Priyanka Chopra won it for our country, lays down the roadmap to achieve important goalposts for India’s transformation by actively engaging the youth from here on. The actress says, “There is an urgent need to connect young people to 21st-century skills and livelihood opportunities, while engaging them as change-makers effectively. Young people bring fresh ideas and a new outlook to the most pressing problems, and we need to provide them with platforms to take their ideas forward.”

She adds, “This is something I experienced while participating in Miss World as well, where everyone would bring forward an idea – no matter how big or how small, and organizations that have the necessary resources to enable these ideas will step up to support. This will not just help the society at large, but also be a learning experience for that young person.”

Manushi further adds, “For far too long, adults have made the decisions for young people, and the time is now to involve them in decision-making, especially about them and their future.”

Manushi Chhillar starrer Prithviraj will release theatrically worldwide on January 21, 2022.

ALSO READ: Prithviraj actress Manushi Chhillar looks beautiful in pink Gauri and Nainika custom-made gown

The post Manushi Chhillar roped in for UNICEF’s nationwide youth campaign appeared first on XDReams.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Priyanka Chopra reunites with Sophie Turner, Nick Jonas and the whole family for Jonas Brothers Family Roast; See pics

Priyanka Chopra is back in US and has reunited with husband Nick Jonas and his family as they all attended the Jonas Brothers Family Roast which will soon arrive on Netflix.

Priyanka Chopra reunites with Sophie Turner, Nick Jonas and the whole family for Jonas Brothers Family Roast; See pics

On October 31, Priyanka took to her Instagram account to share some pictures. The actress is seen sitting among the audience along with her sisters-in-law Danielle Jonas and Sophie Turner and father-in-law Paul Kevin Jonas, Sr. Priyanka clicks the selfie while chilling with Danielle and Sophie, their father-in-law is seen seated at a distance and focused on what’s happening on stage. Priyanka is in a black dress while Sophie is in blue and Danielle in a white spaghetti dress.

She writes in the caption, “About last night… with these beauties. Also don’t miss senior in the corner #jonasbrothersfamilyroast @netflixisajoke #Roasted coming to Netflix on November 23!”

She also shared a candid picture with Nick Jonas on her Instagram Stories and called it “My happy place”. The two seem to be enjoying each other’s company after the event. The actor followed it up with a solo picture of herself relaxing in the winter sun at her Los Angeles home. She seems to have ditched her swimwear for a cozier outfit as winter sets in. She tagged “Sunday Funday” and “Home” in the post on her Instagram Stories.

The Jonas family had recently come together for the Jonas Brothers’ concert last week. The Jonas Brothers are the subject of Netflix’s first ever Family Roast, premiering Nov 23, the streamer announced recently. Bringing the heat for Joe, Kevin, and Nick Jonas is Joe, Kevin, and Nick, actually. The Jonas Brothers Family Roast comedy special “celebrates the universal truth that no one can get under your skin quite like your own family. You’ll see the multi-platinum global superstars the Jonas Brothers like you’ve never seen them before through sketches, songs, games, and special guests — all to give them a roasting they’ll never forget,” Netflix said in a release.

Also Read: Priyanka Chopra gives Nick Jonas ‘God daughter’ niece Valentina a piggyback ride on 5th birthday

The post Priyanka Chopra reunites with Sophie Turner, Nick Jonas and the whole family for Jonas Brothers Family Roast; See pics appeared first on XDReams.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Sikandar Kher gained 12 kilos for Dev Patel’s directorial debut Monkey Man

Fitness is a crucial part of an actor’s life these days. They need to look fit and fabulous if you may please. But then there are actors who give a role all they have, discarding myths about the ways an actor should look. We are talking about actors who gain instead of shed their weight for the big screen. Yes, you heard us right. One actor who is currently undergoing this transformation, moving on from his lean physique to a bulkier self is none other than Sikandar Kher who is gearing up for his role in his Hollywood debut, Monkey Man.

Sikandar Kher gained 12 kilos for Dev Patel's directorial debut Monkey Man

Speaking about his huge transformation, Sikandar says, ”Monkey Man is the biggest opportunity being thrown at me. It is one step ahead to reach out to a completely new audience. I wanted to give it my all. My part in the film requires a bulky figure and I have worked very hard to alter my structure to suit the role. An actor is only as good as his films. That’s it. Life’s thrown this huge opportunity towards me and I am working very hard to stay true to my character. My reel life characters have been very personal for me. I try to look like them, think like them, and act like them. It won’t be wrong to say I like to get under the skin of every role that comes my way. Obviously, the change is a gradual process but then I feel confident now, confident enough to tell you that my part in Monkey Man is who I am at the moment.”

According to Deadline, “Patel plays an unlikely hero who emerges from prison to take on a world enmeshed in corporate greed and eroding spiritual values and seeking revenge from those who took everything from him years before.”

Netflix has struck a $30 million deal for the film. It also stars Shobhita Dhulipala.

ALSO READ: “Meri maa! If you bear with my nonsense for a bit she’ll land up”, says Sikander Kher as his Instagram video with Kirron Kher is all about mother-son goals

The post Sikandar Kher gained 12 kilos for Dev Patel’s directorial debut Monkey Man appeared first on XDReams.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
REVEALED: Kartik Aaryan charges Rs. 21 crores for Shehzada alongside Kriti Sanon

In a recent article we revealed that Kartik Aaryan had given a special discount to producer Sajid Nadiadwala as he charged a nominal sum of Rs. 15 crores for director Sameer Vidwan’s rom-com starring him alongside Kiara Advani. And now, we get you another scoop on Kartik’s remuneration for the Ala Vaikunthapuramloo remake, Shehzada.

Kartik Aaryan charges Rs. 21 crores for Shehzada alongside Kriti Sanon

“Kartik is slowly taking the stride to be among the top stars of the industry and his remuneration is the right indication of his rising popularity. The young dynamite has charged a huge sum of Rs. 21 crores for this action comedy, which is his highest for a single theatrical film till date,” a source told XDReams.

Kartik has gone ahead with a staggered fee policy. “Kartik is flexible to adjust his fees based on the genre and appeal of the film in the market. Since Sajid’s film was required to be made in a certain budget, he was happy to cut down his fees. However, Shehzada is an outright commercial entertainer that can set the box office on fire and hence, he went ahead with premium charges. The producers were more than happy to accommodate his request given his popularity” the source further told us.

Shehzada features Kriti Sanon as the female lead and is directed by Rohit Dhawan.

Also Read: Kartik Aaryan kickstarts shoot for Shehzada; shares picture from the sets of the film

The post REVEALED: Kartik Aaryan charges Rs. 21 crores for Shehzada alongside Kriti Sanon appeared first on XDReams.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Bigg Boss 15: Gautam Gulati, Rashami Desai, Kamya Punjabi and Devoleena enter the house to give reality check to contestants

During the Weekend Ka Vaar episodes, host Salman Khan had promised Bigg Boss 15 housemates, that this week it’s going to be all about ‘Diwali Dhamaka’ in the house and to start the same, the week begins with former Bigg Boss stars Kamya Punjabi, Gautam Gulati, Rashami Desai and Devoleena Bhattacharjee not just getting a chance to interact with contestants but also save one contestant each from nomination.

Bigg Boss 15: Gautam Gulati, Rashami Desai, Kamya Punjabi and Devoleena enter the house to give reality check to contestants

In the promos shared by ColorsTV on their social media, Season 7’s Kamya Punjabi, Bigg Boss 8 winner Gautam Gulati and Bigg Boss 13’s BFFs Devoleena Bhattacharjee-Rashami Desai are seen interacting with contestants and giving them a reality check. Gautam will attack Jay Bhanushali and tell him his behavior is coming across quite ‘unexpected’ in the show. As Bhanushali will try to defend himself, the former champion will ask him to talk less and act more. He will also advise him to bear the torture as that would go on till the end of the season.

On the other hand, Devoleena Bhattacharjee, will pull up Vishal Kotian for playing with other people’s emotions. She will even question him how he keeps making similar promises with multiple people in the house. The Saathiya actor will also question Shamita Shetty on her behavior towards Afsana Khan.

Kamya Punjabi will pull up Eishaan Sehgaal- Miesha Iyer for their ‘romantic encounters’. She will also tell them that it was because of Rajiv Adatia that they got some footage. Blaming Shamita for putting up a fake personality on the show, Kamya will also ask her and Vishal to play an individual game. Kamya will also question Nishant Bhat and Tejasswi Prakash for gossiping about Karan Kundrra. Karan will face the wrath of Rashami Desai, who will ask him to play the game with full heart. She will also blame Jay Bhanushali for sugarcoating his words, and not having any opinion.
Amidst all this, the guests also gets a chance to save one contestant each from nominations. This week will also witness the wild cards Raqesh Bapat and Neha Bhasin entering the Bigg Boss 15 house.

Also Read: Bigg Boss 15: Karan Kundrra comforts Prateek Sehajpal, promises to take care of him after Akasa Singh’s elimination

The post Bigg Boss 15: Gautam Gulati, Rashami Desai, Kamya Punjabi and Devoleena enter the house to give reality check to contestants appeared first on XDReams.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Eternals star Richard Madden believes Priyanka Chopra Jonas would make an awesome superhero

Game of Thrones fame Richard Madden is all praise for his Citadel co-star and global icon Priyanka Chopra Jonas. In a recent interview, the actor was asked about Priyanka and whether she would fit into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Eternals star Richard Madden believes Priyanka Chopra Jonas would make an awesome superhero

Madden, who plays Ikaris in the latest MCU film Eternals, did not shy away from heaping praise on Priyanka, saying that she would be a great fit for that world populated with superheroes and super villains. She’s a wonderfully talented actress, beautiful and strong and he thinks she would absolutely nail it. Who knows, we’ll see her as an Eternal one day, the actor said in the interview.

Priyanka Chopra and Richard Madden are co-starring in upcoming Amazon Prime Video series Citadel, which is backed by Avengers: Endgame directors Joe and Anthony Russo.

On the work front, Apart from Citadel, Priyanka will be seen in Text For You, alongside Celine Dion and Sam Heughan and a film with Mindy Kaling, among others. Priyanka will also be seen in Matrix: Resurrection co-starring Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss. Movie is set for Christmas release, later this year. Back home, in India, Priyanka announced she would be starring with Katrina Kaif and Alia Bhatt in Jee Le Zara. The film, directed by Farhan Akhtar, revolves around a road trip.

Eternals is set for release in India on November 5.

Also Read: Advance booking for Sooryavanshi and Eternals yet to open in multiplex chains due to revenue sharing and show-sharing issues

The post Eternals star Richard Madden believes Priyanka Chopra Jonas would make an awesome superhero appeared first on XDReams.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Box Office: Trade expects a MINIMUM Rs. 15-17 crore Day 1 for Akshay Kumar-Katrina Kaif starrer Sooryavanshi

The much awaited film, Sooryavanshi, is all set to release next Friday, November 5. It is the first biggie to hit cinemas since March 2020 and hence there’s tremendous hype. Fans, industry and trade are already discussing how the film will open, its lifetime and other such factors. XDReams decided to speak to the people in the trade to find out what they have to say.

Box Office: Trade expects a MINIMUM Rs. 15-17 crore Day 1 for Akshay Kumar-Katrina Kaif starrer Sooryavanshi

When asked how excited are viewers for the Akshay Kumar-starrer, trade analyst Taran Adarsh said, “People are very excited. In fact, to see a big film on the big screen is making me so excited right now. A lot of my friends are looking forward to watching Sooryavanshi on the big screen.”

Akshaye Rathi, film exhibitor and distributor, opined, “There’s a huge degree of excitement Sooryavanshi. Audiences are clearly looking to come back to cinemas in big numbers.”

Girish Johar, producer and film business analyst, meanwhile said, “I am personally very excited. I am further more excited to see that our fraternity members, across industries, are talking about the film. Vidyut Jammwal, Allu Arjun etc have shown their support. Hollywood also went out similarly and everyone as one unit requested audiences to come back to cinemas. And look where the Hollywood box office is right now. So we are also following suit. I am personally very bullish and the promotions are also happening with full force. So I really hope that the film takes a fantastic start.”

Day 1 predictions

Sooryavanshi releases on post-Diwali day, which is arguably the biggest day of the year. Everyone is expecting a huge start. Akshaye Rathi gives his predictions on day 1 earnings, “The bare minimum I am looking for this film is a Rs. 15-17 crore Day 1.”

The rest of the experts declined to give a number. Trade analyst Atul Mohan said, “No one can predict day 1 figures. Everyone will have some prediction but I challenge anybody to give me exact number.” However, he’s confident that the opening will be in double digits.

Girish Johar stated, “Its too early. Though Delhi and Gujarat have allowed 100% occupancy, still some states are operating at 50, 60 or 70% occupancy. If they open at 3000 screens, I am expecting 50% of pre-pandemic opening.”

Taran Adarsh explained, “We don’t know what the screen count is at the moment. But I presume its going to be 3000+. Secondly, we are not sure of the ticket price. If the rates are kept very high, it’ll be a deterrent. But if the rates are in the common man’s reach, then it will have a big advantage. Nevertheless, I feel that the day 1 collections will be huge. Diwali is a period when people want to celebrate and want to step out. Also, people are in the mood to splurge. And if they are presented with a big screen entertainer, then why not would they go for it? But the bottomline is that the content has to work.”

Lifetime predictions

Akshaye Rathi said that he believes that Sooryavanshi can have pre-pandemic type of lifetime numbers, “Its very much possible because the only Hindi film playing in cinemas would be Sooryavanshi. The compensation for the lesser capacity would be the higher number of screens and higher number of shows. So every screen and theatre open would be playing Sooryavanshi with an unprecedented number of shows.”

Taran Adarsh opined, “The lifetime will always depend on the content. Fortunately in this case, there’s no release a week after. It is very important for the industry for this film to do well. Its success would boost the morale.”

Girish Johar however said, “The lifetime numbers will be affected. Some restrictions are still there. Audiences do fear when they see that theatres are not operating at full capacity in their state. So it may affect but I hope it doesn’t in the long run. But some tapered down effect will be there due to the restrictions.”

Atul Mohan emphasized, “It won’t be like pre-pandemic. Let’s accept this fact. What’s important is that its releasing in cinemas and now we have to focus on whether audiences are flocking to watch it. We should not be getting into the numbers game for the next 6 months or 1 year. It would be absolutely unfair to compare the numbers of the films of pre-pandemic. Whatever Sooryavanshi manages to collect should be the new benchmark. Sooryavanshi ka benchmark kaun todega woh dekho, fir uss film ka benchmark kaun todega, woh dekhte hai. We should now be starting afresh.”

Will Eternals affect Sooryavanshi?

The much awaited Marvel film, Eternals, will also be releasing on Diwali. The excitement of the film has been heightened after another Marvel film, Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings (2021) took a bigger opening than Akshay Kumar’s Bellbottom and had a healthy lifetime.

So will Eternals affect Sooryavanshi’s box office prospects or would both the films co-exist? Taran Adarsh said, “Eternals won’t affect Sooryavanshi that much and it’ll have its audience. But Sooryavanshi will stand apart. We all want to watch desi stars, right? If I am given a choice between Sooryavanshi and Eternals, on a personal level, my first choice would definitely be Sooryavanshi.”

Taran also predicted that the Hollywood film can also have a huge opening as “Marvel has its fan base and Eternals is a big film”.

Akshaye Rathi is also confident of its box office performance, “Both can very happily co-exist. Both films have their own fan bases and fan following. And both will do very well”.

Regarding Eternals, he also said that “It’s a film that has a serious fan following. So depending on the showcasing it gets, I think it can do very good numbers and surprise people.” He also added that he’s 100% confident that it’ll open more than Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings.

Girish Johar feels there’s no need to worry, “The box office has the capacity to accommodate 4-5 films. Post-Diwali is a big festival weekend. In the past, we have seen 2-3 big Diwali releases down South clashing with 2 Hindi releases and 1 medium Hollywood film. So the capacity of the period is surely there. Its more on the willingness of the audiences.”

However, he feels Eternals will have limited appeal, “It is upmarket. It’s not the commercial cinema in true sense of the term. Like Fast And Furious 9 is hardcore mass film. This is one level below the James Bond series. Even Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings had the same trend. Audiences of around 15 cities had seen that film. Similar would happen with Eternals.”

However, he continued, “Content accha hai toh sab chalne waala hai. If Eternals or Sooryavanshi appeals to the Indian audiences, then there’s no stopping to any content.”

Atul Mohan, however, thinks the clash will lead to division in business, “It can eat into each other’s business. Audience would get divided. And where’s the money to watch two films?”

Box-Office-Trade-expects-a-MINIMUM-Rs.-15-17-crore-Day-1-for-Akshay-Kumar-Katrina-Kaif-starrer-Sooryavanshi-2.jpg

The Annaatthe factor

The big Rajinikanth film, Annaatthe, also releases on Diwali day, November 4 and the excitement is tremendous. Akshaye Rathi said, “Down South, Annaatthe is a tent pole film and in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Kerala where Rajini sir has a staunch and serious fan following, I am sure it’ll be the film to watch out for. And a similar level of popularity is enjoyed by Sooryavanshi in the Hindi belt. I am sure it’ll work out to be great for both the films.”

He added, “So there’s Sooryavanshi, Enternals, Annaatthe and one more Tamil film, Enemy, releasing. So it’s going to be a Happy Diwali for sure!”

Taran Adarsh also believed that the diverse films releasing on Diwali would be an advantage, “Annaatthe is a very big film down South. Rajinikanth is a major star there. He’s not just ruling the box office but he’s also ruling the hearts. Down South, people would definitely go and watch this film. It so good to see that one Rajinikanth film down South, an Akshay Kumar-Ajay Devgn-Ranveer Singh-Katrina film in North and Eternals would be running in cinemas. So lets hope that the festival of Lights spreads a lot of light in the film industry!”

Girish Johar, however, cautioned, “Annatthe would not be a competition technically to the Hindi market films. But it’ll take some percentage of business down South (from Sooryavanshi).”

Atul Mohan also expects a very huge day 1 of Annatthe because “Rajinikanth toh bhagwaan hai South mein.”

However, he had a worry, “I wonder how screen sharing will be managed in the South as the theatres will have to accommodate Annaatthe, Sooryavanshi and Eternals.”

Though he says that all three films can work big time, he added, “Annaatthe would be the first choice in the South. Whether Sooryavanshi would be the second choice or Eternals is something there is something that we have to wait and watch.”

Three cheers for the very patient Sooryavanshi team

Finally, everyone were all praises for Akshay Kumar, director Rohit Shetty and Reliance Entertainment for holding Sooryavanshi for 18-19 months due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Taran Adarsh stated, “I would say patience pays and it would pay handsomely in this case. Because I feel that Sooryavanshi has been conceptualized, made and designed for the big screen audience. Though OTT has its advantages and you can watch it anytime at your convenience, but going to a cinema hall and watch a big film is a big charm. I think it’s never going to change. People have been waiting for a mass entertainer since a long time and this film fits the bill and also has big stars. What we got to see on OTT were films of diverse genres but not mass films that we used to watch in the pre-Covid days.”

Atul Mohan said, “Jigra chahiye iss tarah se itni badi film ko itne time tak leke baithna. They got so many offers for a direct digital release. Any other producer would have got tempted and sold the film. But these people were very big clear that yeh film big screen ke liye bani hai aur isliye yeh big screen pe hi aani chahiye.”

Girish Johar, on similar lines, said, “They have balls of steel. And I really hope it pays off not just as a fraternity colleague but even as a fan. I really wish Sooryavanshi does very well not only in terms of revenue in terms of expectations, fraternity vibes, future traction of films etc. A lot is riding on Sooryavanshi. And it is looking very good. That’s the best part.”

Akshaye Rathi, however, remarked “The entire exhibition sector is thankful to the makers for this gesture. Having said that, it is a commercial decision as much as it’s possibly an emotional one. For a film like this, the only appropriate way of optimizing the value of a film is this. I am sure the theatres will give unprecedented return to the film and ensure that it does really well for the producers and everyone concerned.”

Atul Mohan had the last word as he said, “You need a film like Sooryavanshi to get audiences back to cinemas. It has Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Ajay Devgn and Ranveer Singh. Isme masala hai. Rohit is known to make films which can only be enjoyed on the big screen. This is a film which will decide the fate of the trade and exhibition. If Sooryavanshi clicks then there’s no looking back. God forbid if it doesn’t for whatever reason, then we all would wonder that if not Sooryavanshi, then which film? Bahut bada jhatka lagega. So we all hope that this film manages to work.”

The post Box Office: Trade expects a MINIMUM Rs. 15-17 crore Day 1 for Akshay Kumar-Katrina Kaif starrer Sooryavanshi appeared first on XDReams.

Members

Threads

Back