News PAK vs NZ: “The Statement Is Being Manipulated” – Pakistani Journalist Clarifies After A Tense Conversation With Babar Azam

Crystal

I'm Bot

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Babar Azam (PC-AFP)

Shoaib Jatt, a Pakistan journalist, has provided an explanation for his angry confrontation with Pakistan captain Babar Azam following the first Test between Pakistan and New Zealand at Karachi’s National Stadium.

After the drawn Test, Jatt was overheard saying, “This isn’t the way, people are trying to ask you questions.”

IPL 2023 | Sri Lanka tour of India 2023 | Dream11 Prediction | Fantasy Cricket Tips | Cricket Match Prediction Today | Cricket News | Cricket Live Score | New Zealand tour of India 2023 | Australia tour of India 2023

Babar Azam

Babar Azam (PC-AP)

Babar then took a brief pause and turned to face the reporter. The Pakistani media manager silenced the journalist’s inquiry during this time and turned off the microphone.

Jatt further disclosed that when his remarks went public, he received a lot of criticism and threats on his social media accounts. And he added that he would avoid getting bogged down and would continue to speak the truth.

IPL 2023 | IND vs SL 2023 | India vs Sri Lanka 2023 | India National Cricket Team | IND vs NZ 2023 | India vs New Zealand 2023 | IND vs AUS 2023 | India vs Australia 2023

“Something happened after the press conference was completed and it’s being depicted in such a way that maybe I misbehaved with Babar Azam. The problem was that there was no interaction between myself and Babar”

Babar Azam

Babar Azam (Image Credits: Twitter)

“As a result, I am being abused and receiving messages on social media. People are tagging and bashing me in their posts. I’m being threatened with being pulled from my home and beaten up. “I’m not going to be concerned,” Jatt was reported as saying on his social media account.

“Pakistan didn’t win a single Test at home under Babar Azam”: Shoaib Jatt

Jatt claimed in the same regard that he didn’t misbehave with Babar but was instead annoyed by the Pakistan media manager. The journalist claimed that during the press conference, he was denied the opportunity to ask questions.

“I shall stand with the truth and maybe I made a mistake by expressing the truth that in 2022, Pakistan didn’t win a single Test at home under Babar Azam. When you don’t win, all I can say is that you didn’t win,” Shoaib Jatt said.

Few are manipulating yesterday's moment. pic.twitter.com/WAGwe5SMQD

— Shoaib Jatt (@Shoaib_Jatt) December 31, 2022

“However, the statement is being twisted. It is my right to ask questions during the press conference, and I am given the opportunity to do so. But, on purpose, the Pakistani media manager did not take my query and instead ignored me. As a result, I objected by stealing the manager’s name,” Jatt was reported as saying on his social media account.

Babar Azam

Babar Azam (Getty Images)

“People connected it to Babar. I am aware of journalistic norms and civility. It’s not my first news conference; I’ve covered a number of them, including the World Cup and the Champions Trophy. It’s a well-planned scheme against me, and I’m being targeted, and the situation has deteriorated to the point where I’m being threatened. “I will not be afraid and will continue to speak for the truth,” Shoaib Jatt added.

The second Test between Pakistan and New Zealand is scheduled to get underway on Monday, January 2 at the National Stadium.

Also Read: “I Faced A Death Threat When Australia Arrived To Pakistan”: Ramiz Raja

Virat Kohli | Rohit Sharma | Rishabh Pant | KL Rahul | Suryakumar Yadav | Sanju Samson | Shreyas Iyer | Yuzvendra Chahal | Jasprit Bumrah

The post PAK vs NZ: “The Statement Is Being Manipulated” – Pakistani Journalist Clarifies After A Tense Conversation With Babar Azam appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Members

Threads

Back