0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Robin Uthappa

Former India and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) batter Robin Uthappa made some sensational revelations about his horrible batting performance in the IPL 2019. Uthappa claimed that he wasn't treated very well as a senior by the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), which badly impacted him.

The 38-year-old further claimed that bad treatment at the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) led to a horrible game, and then he was heavily criticized on social media. Uthappa said that he switched off from social media for two to three months, and it really helped him.

But after a few times, the former World Cup winner realized that he couldn’t make his young family suffer because of an outside reason, hinting at someone who made him feel bad about himself. And that’s how the commentator decided to leave the team for the sake of himself and his family.

I wasn't treated very well at KKR: Robin Uthappa

Robin Uthappa said on KKR Vibe: “Lack of performance and the judgments of performance. Let's see, for example, I remember I was absolutely fine when my last year with KKR. For whatever reason, towards the end, personally from my perspective, I wasn't treated very well.

As a senior pro, I wasn't treated very well. And in that instance, my last match for KKR was a horrible game. I had a bad day at work and my work was there for everyone to judge and criticize and I got criticized. I got taken to the cleaners. And I can tell you, in that time after that, for a good. Two-three months, I switched off my comments on social media.”

The former batter said that he didn’t want to deal with the drama and didn’t allow that one bad day to dictate his life. The former batter also said that he would someday share everything about that incident with the KKR team. He had scored 282 runs in 12 games for KKR in the IPL 2019.

I could feel the anxiety...: Robin Uthappa

Uthappa further revealed, “I got off social media because if I was on social media, I could feel the anxiety and the depression coming back and I had. By then, my son was one year old. I had a wife and a son and I didn't want to go through that whole that whole gambit again. So, I had to make a very conscious choice to say, you know what?"

I don't want to deal with this. Let me fucking serve my family and I had a bad day and a bad day doesn't dictate my life and I know what led to that bad day and why I got there and all of that, which is a. If I ever write a book, I'll probably write about it. I won't write a book but I’ll share that absolutely.”

Watch Here:

🚨Robin Utthapa now comes in open to dislodge briefly on his last year at KKR.

▪️He admits he had a horrible performance but insists there are things which led to it.

▪️As a senior pro he felt he was undone.

This comes after DK opened up on Kuldeep. pic.twitter.com/utZnuzDVaB

— KKR Vibe (@KnightsVibe) April 20, 2024

Notably, Uthappa then joined the Rajasthan Royals (RR) for the IPL 2020 and then spent his last two IPL seasons with the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) before announcing his retirement from all forms of the game on September 14, 2022.

Earlier, Uthappa said that KL Rahul's aggressive approach and his consistency with this approach in the ongoing IPL 2024 will play a significant role in his selection for the upcoming T20 World Cup 2024, which will be played in the USA and West Indies.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
DC vs SRH Impact Players

The 35th match of the Indian Premier League 2024 (IPL 2024) is seeing the battle between the Rishabh Pant-led Delhi Capitals (DC) and Pat Cummins-led Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi on Saturday, April 20.

Delhi Capitals (DC) are high on confidence heading into the match against the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) as in their previous match, they comprehensively thumped the IPL 2022 champions.

Winning the toss and bowling first in the match, Delhi Capitals bowlers were right on the money as they annihilated the GT batting unit and bowled them out for 89 in 17.3 overs. Mukesh Kumar picked up three wickets while Ishant Sharma and Tristan Stubbs bagged two wickets each. Khaleel Ahmed and Axar Patel were also among the wickets while Rashid Khan (31) top-scored for the Gujarat Titans (GT).

Chasing the target, Delhi Capitals batters played with an aggressive intent and completed the run-chase in 8.5 overs. DC won the match by 6 wickets with 67 balls remaining to gain some momentum in the IPL 2024.

Just like DC, Sunrisers Hyderabad are also entering the match on the back of a victory as they defeated RCB by 25 runs in a high-scoring thriller at the M Chinnaswamy stadium in Bengaluru.

Batting first, they registered 287/3 - the highest total in the history of IPL - thanks to Travis Head's sensational century and Heinrich Klaasen's brutal fifty. Also, Abhishek Sharma, Aiden Markram and Abdul Samad chipped in with brilliant runs.

Defending the target, SRH bowlers had to deal with the onslaught of the RCB batters and they were taken to the cleaners all over the park. However, the total was so huge that it was never going to be chased, hence, RCB despite their best efforts were restricted to 262/7 in 20 overs. For SRH, Pat Cummins picked three wickets, Mayank Markande bagged two wickets and T Natarajan got one wicket.

IPL 2024: Who are the impact players nominated by DC and SRH?

Delhi Capitals won the toss and opted to field first in the match. At the toss, Rishabh Pant revealed that they made two changes to the team as Lalit Yadav and Anrich Nortje were back in the playing XI. Rishabh Pant elaborated:

"We're going to bowl first. Wicket looks pretty good, we would like to chase because we are playing more as a batting unit. We have more batters. Maybe there will be dew. The only thing we said is "stay in the contest". Yes they've been playing really good cricket but you can't let them get away with it. Ground doesn't matter, end of the day you have to play good cricket. We're looking to improve each and every match. Instead of Sumit, Lalit comes in. Instead of Ishant, Nortje comes in."

Meanwhile, SRH captain Pat Cummins said that they expect teams to come hard at them as they have been batting pretty well. Pat Cummins said:

"The way the boys have been batting, we know teams are going to come hard at us. Same batting lineup, we'll have a look at the bowling a little later on."

DC vs SRH: Impact Players

DC
: Prithvi Shaw, Shai Hope, Praveen Dubey, Rasikh Dar Salam, Sumit Kumar.

SRH: Umran Malik, Anmolpreet Singh, Akash Singh, Glenn Phillips, Washington Sundar.

DC vs SRH: Playing XIs

Sunrisers Hyderabad (Playing XI):
Abhishek Sharma, Travis Head, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen(w), Abdul Samad, Nitish Reddy, Shahbaz Ahmed, Pat Cummins(c), Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mayank Markande, T Natarajan

Delhi Capitals (Playing XI): David Warner, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Abishek Porel, Rishabh Pant(w/c), Tristan Stubbs, Axar Patel, Lalit Yadav, Kuldeep Yadav, Anrich Nortje, Khaleel Ahmed, Mukesh Kumar

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Ishant Sharma, Rishabh Pant

After registering two thumping wins in their last two games, Delhi Capitals will be eyeing another crucial win tonight against Sunrisers Hyderabad. Both teams are up against each other in the 35th game of the ongoing IPL 2024.

After managing to win just one of their first five games, DC have revived their playoffs hopes with two wins in a row. They got back to winning ways with a six-wicket win over Lucknow Super Giants in their own backyard. It was followed by another impressive win away from home as they thrashed Gujarat Titans by six wickets in Ahmedabad.

DC became the first team to bowl out Gujarat Titans for less than 100 runs in the IPL as they bowled them out for just 89 runs before chasing down the total inside nine overs. With the momentum on their side, DC will be eyeing their fourth win in IPL 2024 although it won't be easy against Sunrisers Hyderabad who have been in great form as well.

And DC's task has been made tougher by the absence of Ishant Sharma. The veteran pacer is not a part of the playing eleven for the game against SRH at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi. Speaking at the toss, DC captain Rishabh Pant confirmed the development and revealed the reason as well.

Ishant Sharma unavailable:

Rishabh Pant revealed that Ishant Sharma would miss the DC vs SRH game due to a back spasm. The wicketkeeper-batsman revealed that the senior batsman suffered the niggle just five minutes before the toss. South Africa pacer Anrich Nortje has replaced him in the playing eleven. In another change, Lalit Yadav has replaced Sumit Kumar in the team.

"We're going to bowl first. Wicket looks pretty good, we would like to chase because we are playing more as a batting unit. We have more batters. Maybe there will be dew. The only thing we said is "stay in the contest".

"Yes they've been playing really good cricket but you can't let them get away with it. Ground doesn't matter, end of the day you have to play good cricket. We're looking to improve each and every match. Instead of Sumit, Lalit comes in. Instead of Ishant, who had a back spasm just 5 minutes back, Nortje comes in,"
said Pant.

Sunrisers Hyderabad XI: 1 Travis Head, 2 Abhishek Sharma, 3 Aiden Markram, 4 Heinrich Klaasen (wk), 5 Abdul Samad, 6 Nitish Kumar Reddy, 7 Shahbaz Ahmed, 8 Pat Cummins (capt), 9 Bhuvneshwar Kumar, 10 Mayank Markande, 11 T Natarajan

Delhi Capitals XI: 1 David Warner 2 Jake Fraser-McGurk 3 Abishek Porel, 4 Rishabh Pant (capt & wk), 5 Tristan Stubbs, 6 Axar Patel, 7 Lalit Yadav, 8 Kuldeep Yadav, 9 Anrich Nortje, 10 Mukesh Kumar, 11 Khaleel Ahmed.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Suresh Raina

Former Chennai Super Kings (CSK) player Suresh Raina broke silence on his 'room with balcony' saga with Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020. He said that whatever was said about him was wrong and revealed why he pulled out of the tournament.

Ahead of the IPL 2020, a massive controversy unfolded in the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) camp. It was unexpected one because it was learned that Suresh Raina had some issues with then-skipper MS Dhoni and the team management along with the owner of the franchise.

Chennai Super Kings owner, N Srinivasan reportedly revealed that Suresh Raina demanded a big room with a balcony in the hotel just like the franchise has given to the skipper MS Dhoni. The left-hander had traveled with the team to Dubai, where IPL 2020 took place, but came back home, citing personal reasons.

However, now years later, Suresh Raina revealed that the reports circulating about him demanding a big room were all fake. He stated that one of his family members passed away in Punjab and that's why he pulled out of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020.

In a video that has gone viral on the internet, Suresh Raina during an interaction stated that he told skipper MS Dhoni as well as the management about his decision to go back to India and his family's loss. Here's the video:

Remember how, Srinivasan deliberaly degraded Raina's name by saying that he wanted a room with a balcony like MSD?

Suresh Raina opens up once again about that incident. Never Forget, Never Forgive.

Will never ever respect Srinivasan, a misogynistic money-whore. pic.twitter.com/JfgxwFCrHG

— Rᴀɪᴋᴀᴛ  (@OverMidWicket) April 20, 2024

Later that year, Suresh Raina talked about the entire saga and posted on his Twitter account, saying that one of his family members was slaughtered to death. He also called N Srinivasan a fatherly figure and stated:

"What happened to my family in Punjab was beyond horrible. My uncle was slaughtered to death, my brother & both my cousins had severe injuries. Unfortunately, my cousin also passed away last night after battling for life for days. My bua is still very very critical & is on life support,” he had tweeted, also seeking the help of authorities to unmask the perpetrators of the heinous crime."

"Why will I be sad"- Suresh Raina on getting released by CSK

Suresh Raina after the 2020 edition of the league was part of the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL 2021. He played a few games and then was dropped from the team and then was released. He then went unsold and didn't get a proper farewell from IPL.

Suresh Raina talked about the same as well, saying that MS Dhoni is playing that's a good thing, he isn't sad about anything. Talking to Lallantop, the left-hander said: "Wo khel rahe hai achi baat hai (MS Dhoni is playing, it's good). He should play. Why will I be sad (Raina on getting released by CSK)?"

Suresh Raina was one of the best batters in the IPL. He mustered 5528 runs in 205 matches. He represented CSK in 176 matches, scoring 4687 runs for them, and is still the leading run-getter in the league for CSK. He also captained the Gujarat Lions in IPL 2016 and 2017 when CSK was banned.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
PK-W vs WI-W Dream11 Prediction

Pakistan Women and West Indies Women will face off in the 2nd ODI match of West Indies Women Tour of Pakistan 2024. In this article, we look at PK-W vs WI-W Dream11 Prediction Today Match, PK-W vs WI-W Dream11 Team Today, Playing 11s, and Pitch Report. Pakistan Women will be facing off against West Indies Women for the second time in the three-match ODI series between them.

For real time Dream11 Tips and Fantasy Cricket Live Updates, follow us on Cricketaddictor Telegram Channel.

The live score and commentary of this game can be tracked on CricketAddictor website by clicking on Pakistan Women vs West Indies Women Livescore.

PK-W vs WI-W 2nd ODI Preview:

The second ODI game between Pakistan Women and West Indies Women at the National Stadium, Karachi on 21st April at 10:00 AM IST.

Pakistan Women and West Indies Women played one match against each other in this three-match ODI series so far where West Indies Women won that game and is currently leading the series by 1-0.

In the first game, West Indies Women beat Pakistan Women by 113 runs. In that game, West Indies Women won the toss and decided to bat first. Coming to bat, West Indies put 269 runs on the board where Hayley Matthews and Shemaine Campbelle smashed 140 runs and 45 runs respectively for West Indies Women.

Sadia Iqbal and Tuba Hassan grabbed 2 wickets for Pakistan Women. In response, Pakistan Women could put 156 runs on the board where Tuba Hassan managed to score 25 runs for the team. Hayley Matthews picked up 3 wickets for West Indies Women.

PK-W vs WI-W Head-to-Head Record:

Teams

Matches Won

Pakistan Women

West Indies Women

PK-W vs WI-W 2nd ODI Weather & Pitch Report:

Temperature

28°C

Weather Forecast

Precipitation

Pitch Behaviour

Batting-friendly

Best Suited To

Spin

Average 1st innings score

Record of chasing teams:

Records

Poor

Winning %

33%

PK-W vs WI-W 2nd ODI Squads:

Pakistan Women Squad: Muneeba Ali, Sidra Ameen, Bismah Maroof, Nida Dar©, Aliya Riaz, Fatima Sana, Najiha Alvi(wk), Tuba Hassan, Diana Baig, Nashra Sandhu, Sadia Iqbal

West Indies Women Squad: Hayley Matthews©, Rashada Williams(wk), Shemaine Campbelle, Stafanie Taylor, Chedean Nation, Chinelle Henry, Aaliyah Alleyne, Afy Fletcher, Zaida James, Karishma Ramharack, Shamilia Connell

PK-W vs WI-W Dream11 Fantasy Cricket Players Stats:

Player

Players Stats (last match)

Chinelle Henry

23 runs and 1 wicket

Hayley Matthews

140 runs and 3 wickets

Nida Dar

19 runs and 1 wicket

Tuba Hassan

25 runs and 2 wickets

Hot Picks for PK-W vs WI-W Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Cricket Tips:

Captaincy Picks:

Tuba Hassan

Hayley Matthews

Top Picks:

Nida Dar

Chinelle Henry

Budget Picks:

Aaliyah Alleyne

Aliya Riaz

PK-W vs WI-W 2nd ODI Captain and Vice-captain Choices:

Captain

Hayley Matthews & Tuba Hassan

Vice-Captain

Nida Dar & Chinelle Henry

PK-W vs WI-W Dream11 Prediction Team 1:

• Keeper – Shemaine Campbelle, Muneeba Ali
  • Batsmen – Zaida James, Bismah Maroof, Stafanie Taylor
  • All-rounders – Hayley Mathews (c), Nida Dar (vc), Chinelle Henry, Fatima Sana
  • Bowlers – Afy Fletcher, Sadia Iqbal

PK-W vs WI-W Dream11 Prediction Team 2:

• Keeper – Shemaine Campbelle
  • Batsmen – Zaida James, Bismah Maroof, Stafanie Taylor
  • All-rounders – Hayley Mathews, Nida Dar, Chinelle Henry (vc), Fatima Sana
  • Bowlers – Afy Fletcher, Sadia Iqbal, Tuba Hassan (c)

PK-W vs WI-W Dream11 Prediction Today Match 2nd ODI Players to Avoid:

Players

Dream11 Credits

Dream11 Points (Last match)

Najiha Alvi

6.0 credits

31 points

Chedean Nation

5.5 credits

24 points

PK-W vs WI-W Dream11 Prediction Today Match 2nd ODI Expert Advice:

SL Captaincy Choice

Hayley Matthews

GL Captaincy Choice

Tuba Hassan

Punt Picks

Muneeba Ali and Fatima Sana

Dream11 Combination

2-3-4-2

Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Axar Patel catch

Axar Patel took a sharp catch to send back Abhishek Sharma and gave his team Delhi Capitals a much-needed breakthrough in the ongoing game against Sunrisers Hyderabad at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi.

Rishabh Pant won the toss and opted to bowl first. And it did not take long for him to regret his decision as Abhishek Sharma and Travis Head came out all guns blazing. In the very first over, Head smashed Khaleel Ahmed for 15 runs as SRH collected 19 runs.

In the second over, Head scored 17 runs as SRH raced away to 40. In the third over, Head hit Anrich Nortje for 22 runs and completed his fifty off just 16 balls. Head and Sharma then collected 21 runs off the fourth over to take SRH to 83. By the time the powerplay came to an end, SRH had raced away to a record 125 runs.

DC were in desperate need of a wicket and it finally came in the seventh over courtesy of a stunning catch from Axar Patel. On the second ball of the seventh over, Kuldeep Yadav bowled a tossed-up delivery outside the off stump and Abhishek Sharma went hard at it.

He hit the ball through extra cover although he could not keep it grounded. The ball was traveling fast and Axar Patel leapt to his left before taking a sharp catch. Abhishek departed after scoring 46 runs off just 12 balls with the help of six sixes and two fours.

Watch the catch from Axar Patel:

pic.twitter.com/Nx3vxFHlYe

— Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka (@Hanji_CricDekho) April 20, 2024

Talking about the game, SRH were on 159/4 at the end of the 11th over. After dismissing Sharma, Kuldeep sent back Aiden Markram for just one run in the same over to give DC another crucial breakthrough. Later in the ninth over, Kuldeep Yadav struck again to take the big wicket of Head. The Australia star departed after scoring 89 runs off 32 balls.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Axar Patel, Heinrich Klaasen

Axar Patel, on Saturday (April 20), proved his worth with the ball again as he picked up the big wicket of Heinrich Klaasen in the ongoing game between Delhi Capitals and Sunrisers Hyderabad at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi.

DC desperately needed the wicket of the hard-hitting South African after SRH's blazing start with the bat. Asked to bat first, SRH fired on all cylinders right from the start as Travis Head and Abhishek Sharma came out all guns blazing.

Head completed a 16-ball fifty inside the powerplay. By the time the powerplay came to an end, SRH had raced away to 125 for no loss. Kuldeep Yadav gave his team the much-needed breakthrough in the seventh over by dismissing Abhishek Sharma. Sharma departed after scoring 46 runs off just 12 balls. In the same over, he also dismissed Aiden Markram for just 1.

Later in the ninth over, Kuldeep struck again to dismiss Head. The Australia star departed after scoring 89 runs off just 32 balls. His knock was studded with 11 fours and six sixes. With SRH crossing the 150-run mark inside the ninth over, DC desperately needed the wicket of Heinrich Klaasen to avoid further damage and Axar Patel provided them the big breakthrough in the tenth over.

On the first ball of the tenth over, Axar Patel castled the in-form South Africa star. It was a straighter delivery at the stumps and Heinrich Klaasen ended up playing across the line. He failed to make any contact with the ball and the ball went on to crash into the stumps. The right-handed batsman departed after scoring 15 runs off eight balls with the help of two sixes.

Watch as Axar Patel castles Heinrich Klaasen:

Axar gets the BIG wicket, Sunrisers are now 4️⃣ down! #IPLonJioCinema #TATAIPL #DCvSRH #IPLinHindi pic.twitter.com/YnMz00NScZ

— JioCinema (@JioCinema) April 20, 2024

Klaasen's dismissal saw SRH getting reduced to 154 for 4. At the time of writing this report, SRH were on 185 for 4 in the 14th over with Nitish Reddy and Shahbaz Ahmed batting.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Sunrisers Hyderabad

Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) have shattered a massive record in the history of the T20s. The Pat Cummins-led side slammed the highest-ever score in the powerplay in the history of the shortest format of the game, registering 125 runs in just 6 overs.

Sunrisers Hyderabad achieved the feat in the ongoing game against Delhi Capitals in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024. The 35th game of the tournament between the teams is taking place at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi on Saturday (20th April).

Sunrisers Hyderabad, who were asked to bat first, came out all guns blazing and produced a sensational effort with the bat. Opener Travis Head and Abhishek Sharma went berserk and showed no mercy on the Delhi Capitals bowlers at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi.

Travis Head started the innings on high as he slammed six on the second ball of the innings and then after that didn't look back. He was at his brutal best and made sure that he made Delhi Capitals bowlers look clueless at their home ground. He slammed every bowler out of the park.

While he was at his best, Abhishek Sharma at the other end joined him and made sure that he kept things heated up at the other end as well. The duo brought up a century stand in just 5 overs. Sunrisers Hyderabad's 100 off 5 overs is the fastest team hundred in any T20 league in the world.

Travis Head and Abhishek Sharma made sure that they made full use of the powerplay overs. Their brutal batting in the power play made sure that Sunrisers Hyderabad ended with 125 runs in the power play, which is the highest in the history of IPL as well as the T20s.

While Abhishek Sharma perished after scoring 46 runs off 12 balls, Travis Head slammed 89 runs in just 32 balls. They exhibited a brutal batting display and took their team off the flyer at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi, adding 131 runs for the opening stand.

Sunrisers Hyderabad shatter multiple records in the IPL

Sunrisers Hyderabad overtook Kolkata Knight Riders' score of 105 runs in the powerplay to register the highest score in the powerplay. Chennai Super Kings feature twice in the list.

Highest powerplay scores in the IPL

125/0 - SRH vs DC, 2024*

105/0 - KKR vs RCB, 2017

100/2 - CSK vs PBKS, 2014

90/0 - CSK vs MI, 2015

88/1 - KKR vs DC, 2024*

Sunrisers Hyderabad also overtook Chennai Super Kings' tally of 6 overs to register the fastest hundred in the IPL. Here's the list of Fastest team hundreds in IPL history (by overs taken):

5 overs - SRH vs DC, Delhi, today*

6 overs - CSK vs PBKS, Mumbai WS, 2014

6 overs - KKR vs RCB, Bengaluru, 2017

6.5 overs - CSK vs MI, Mumbai WS, 2015

7 overs - SRH vs MI, Hyderabad, 2024

Apart from this, Sunrisers Hyderabad also now has the highest scores after the first 10 overs in the IPL. They had 158 in the ongoing game and broke their own record of 148 against Mumbai Indians, which came early this season.

Highest scores after first 10 overs in IPL

158/4 - SRH vs DC, Delhi, today*

148/2 - SRH vs MI, Hyderabad, 2024

141/2 - MI vs SRH, Hyderabad, 2024

135/1 - KKR vs DC, Vizag, 2024

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Nitish Reddy

Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) batter Nitish Reddy played a decent hand for his team in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 game against Delhi Capitals (DC). The 35th game of the tournament between the teams is taking place at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi.

After the carnage by Travis Head and Abhishek Sharma at the top, Sunrisers Hyderabad needed someone to carry the momentum and take the team to the big total. Nitish Kumar Reddy did exactly that with the bat.

Nitish Reddy played some magnificent shots in his innings but he was also at the receiving end of the painful blow by one of the fastest bowlers in the game. The ball from Anrich Nortje hit the Sunrisers Hyderabad batter on the box, leaving him wincing in pain.

It was during the second ball of the 16th over when Anrich Nortje bowled a short delivery that was angling in. Nitish Reddy was hurried by the pacer as he attempted to pull the ball, which went on to hit the batter on the box and he fell down.

Here's the video:

pic.twitter.com/sNQjqf65Gd

— Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka (@Hanji_CricDekho) April 20, 2024

Nitish Reddy, however, after that played some crips shots and kept his team in the driver's seat. He played a decent hand for his team but failed to end the innings on high for his team at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi as he perished in the 17th over.

Nitish Reddy was removed by Kuldeep Yadav, who took his revenge after getting hit for a six. The leg-spinner bowled a short ball to which the batter shaped for the pull. He didn't get the proper connection as the ball went off the bottom half of the bat and was caught by David Warner at long-on.

Nitish ended with an innings of 37 runs off 27 balls. He batted with a strike rate of over 138 and also hit 2 fours and 2 sixes in his innings. After he got out, Shahbaz Ahmed (59*) hit a half-century as Sunrisers Hyderabad ended with the innings of 266 runs on the board.

We were targeting more than that after the first 6 overs - Abhishek Sharma on Sunrisers Hyderabad innings

Sunrisers Hyderabad batter Abhishek Sharma talked about his team's innings against Delhi Capitals. He admitted that they were targetting more than 266 runs. He also was in awe of his idol Travis Head and claimed that they are lucky to have an Australian batter in his innings.

Abhishek Sharma also talked about his possibility to bowl in the game. He said that he is always ready to give his 100% for the team. Speaking to broadcasters after the game, he explained:

"I think we were targeting more than that after the first 6 overs but really happy with the team. There was a message to assess the wicket today and I think Travis did really well in that today. It’s always a pleasure since day 1, I’ve been telling him that I’ve been a big fan of him from day 1.

"We’re lucky he’s in our team. There’s no pressure from the other end so I can just go out and express myself. (About being ready to bowl) I’m always ready, waiting to go out there."

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Travis Head, Abhishek Sharma

Sunrisers Hyderabad, on Saturday (April 20), posted a huge total against Delhi Capitals in the ongoing 35th game of the IPL 2024. Asked to bat first, the Hyderabad-based outfit scored a mammoth 266 for 7 in the allotted 20 overs.

It is the third time this season that SRH have posted a 260-plus total while also scoring more than 263 runs on each occasion. 263 was the highest team total in IPL and the record stood for over a decade before SRH broke it by scoring 277 runs against Mumbai Indians. Later in the tournament, they scored 287 runs against Royal Challengers Bengaluru before hitting 266 in their latest outing.

The architect of the huge total was in-form opener Travis Head. The Australia star, who had scored a 39-ball century against Royal Challengers Bengaluru in the last game, scored a 16-ball fifty and eventually scored 89 runs. His knock came off just 32 balls and was studded with 11 fours and six sixes.

He and Abhishek Sharma powered SRH to a record 125 runs in the powerplay. The duo added 131 runs for the first wicket before Kuldeep Yadav broke the stand in the seventh over by dismissing Sharma. The southpaw departed after scoring 46 runs off just 12 balls.

The likes of Aiden Markram (1), and Heinrich Klaasen (15) could not do much with the bat while Head also departed inside ten overs as SRH found themselves reeling at 154 for 4 in the 10th over. An unbeaten fifty from Shahbaz Ahmed then took SRH to the big total. He remained unbeaten on 59 runs off 29 balls with the help of two fours and fives. Nitish Reddy also played a handy knock of 37 runs.

Here is how Twitter reacted to SRH innings:

RCB's only relevant record has been broken 4 times in this season 😭😭😭

— 𝐁east⁷ (@Beast_xx_) April 20, 2024

They breached 263 thrice in this IPL ☠️

— Jaanvi🏏 (@that_shutterbug) April 20, 2024

after the start #SRH got, reasonable to say #DC have 'restricted' them to 266#DCvsSRH #IPL2024

— Gaurav Kalra (@gauravkalra75) April 20, 2024

Poor batting by SRH.
Missed a well-deserved 300!!! 💔 #IPL #DCvSRH #IPL2024

— ICC Asia Cricket (@ICCAsiaCricket) April 20, 2024

Sunrisers made 266-7 but they will be disappointed with that.

— Abhishek Mukherjee (@ovshake42) April 20, 2024

Travis Head when he sees Blue jersey pic.twitter.com/RngSCHSRid

— Sagar (@sagarcasm) April 20, 2024

Travis Head did say 300 is the next target! 👀 #DCvSRH

— Tom Moody (@TomMoodyCricket) April 20, 2024

Bowling with lot of heart and intelligence! Well bowled #kuldeep & #axar 👏🏼👏🏼 #DCvsSRH #TATAIPL

— Pragyan Ojha (@pragyanojha) April 20, 2024

From watching sides making 250 in an ODI to seeing 250 being scored by a single team thrice in a same T20 Tournament. Feel bad for the bowlers #DCvSRH

— S.Badrinath (@s_badrinath) April 20, 2024

SRH…getting there to be the most entertaining batting-side in the history of this tournament.

— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) April 20, 2024

Kuldeep has derailed SRH!! Incredible bowling!

— Robin Aiyuda Uthappa (@robbieuthappa) April 20, 2024

"I think we were targeting more than that after the first 6 overs but really happy with the team. There was a message to assess the wicket today and I think Travis did really well in that today.

"It’s always a pleasure since day 1, I’ve been telling him that I’ve been a big fan of him from day 1. We’re lucky he’s in our team. There’s no pressure from the other end so I can just go out and express myself. (About being ready to bowl) I’m always ready, waiting to go out there,"
said Abhishek Sharma after the innings.

Members

Threads

Back