0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Pondicherry Interdistrict T20

KVXI vs YVXI Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Cricket Tips, Dream11 Team, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Injury Update of Pondicherry Veterans T20 match between Karaikal Veterans XI and Yanam Veterans XI.

KVXI vs YVXI Pondicherry Veterans T20 Match 20 Details:

Match: Karaikal Veterans XI vs Yanam Veterans XI

Date: 2nd​ January, 2023

Venue: Cricket Association Puducherry Siechem Ground

For all the Dream11 Tips and Fantasy Cricket Live Updates, follow us on Cricketaddictor Telegram Channel.

This game is scheduled to start at 7:30 PM IST and live score and commentary can be seen on FanCode and CricketAddictor website.

KVXI vs YVXI Pondicherry Veterans T20 Match 20 Preview:

The Pondicherry Veterans T20 will see its twentieth match of this season between Karaikal Veterans XI and Yanam Veterans XI.

Karaikal Veterans XI will be battling against Yanam Veterans XI for the second time in the twentieth match of this season of the Pondicherry Veterans T20.

Karaikal Veterans XI is currently placed at the fourth position on the points table of this season of the Pondicherry Veterans T20 whereas Yanam Veterans XI is currently placed at the third spot on the points table.

Karaikal Veterans XI played seven matches in this season of the Pondicherry Veterans T20 where they managed to win two matches while Yanam Veterans XI also played seven matches in this season where they too, won two games.

KVXI vs YVXI Pondicherry Veterans T20 Match 20 Weather Report:

The temperature is expected to hover around 29°C on the matchday with 56% humidity and 14 km/hr wind speed. There are no chances of precipitation during the game.

KVXI vs YVXI Pondicherry Veterans T20 Match 20 Pitch Report:

The Cricket Association Puducherry Siechem Ground supplies a neutral wicket where both the departments are expected to receive decent amount of help from the surface. Spinners will play a good role in the middle overs.

Average 1st​ innings score:

The average first innings score on this wicket is 144 runs.

Record of chasing teams:

The team batting second has great records here. They have maintained a winning percentage of 60 on this ground.

KVXI vs YVXI Pondicherry Veterans T20 Match 20 Injury Update:

(Will be added when there is an update)

KVXI vs YVXI Pondicherry Veterans T20 Match 20 Probable XIs:

Karaikal Veterans XI: M Ramadasse©, P Karuppu Samy, D Pannerselvam, S Sivaguru Nadane, T Anbazhagan(wk), P Mathavan, D Panjamoorthy, N Mathiazhagan, H Hadja Cheick Youssouf, B Karthikeyan, Kalai Kumaran L

Yanam Veterans XI: M Bhanu Kiran Kumar, Ramesh Babu, M Ramakrishna Varma©, G Satyanaryana, Ganesh Kumar, KVV Satyanaryana, Venkateswara Rao(wk), PV Lakshmi Narayana Rao, B Satish, P Ambedkaru, Jaya Ramu

Top Picks for KVXI vs YVXI Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Cricket Tips:

Senthil-R is a right-handed batsman from Karaikal Veterans XI. He marked 8 runs in the last game against Yanam Veterans XI.

Hadja Cheick-Youssouf is a right-handed batsman and right-arm medium pacer from Karaikal Veterans XI.

Sivaguru Nadane is a right-handed batsman and right-arm medium fast bowler from Yanam Veterans XI. He smashed 39 runs and grabbed 2 wickets in the last game against Karaikal Veterans XI.

M-Bhanu Kiran Kumar is a right-handed batsman from Yanam Veterans XI. He added 18 runs in the last match against Karaikal Veterans XI.

KVXI vs YVXI Pondicherry Veterans T20 Match 20 Captain and Vice-Captain Choices:

Captain – Senthil-R, Sivaguru Nadane

Vice-Captain – M Jaya Ramu, Hadja Cheick-Youssouf

Suggested Playing XI No.1 for KVXI vs YVXI Dream11 Team:

Keeper – Ke Venkataswaran Rao

Batsmen – Senthil-R (C), IK Khan, M Jaya Ramu (VC)

All-rounders –
Hadja Cheick-Youssouf, M Durga Prasad, Mathavan-P

Bowlers – Jeyaseelan-B, G Ramesh Babu, P Ramesh Naidu, Karthikeyan-B

KVXI vs YVXI Dream11 Prediction Fantasy Cricket Tips Dream11 Team Pondicherry Veterans T20

KVXI vs YVXI Dream11 Prediction

Suggested Playing XI No.2 for KVXI vs YVXI Dream11 Team:

Keeper – Ke Venkataswaran Rao

Batsmen – Senthil-R, IK Khan, M Jaya Ramu

All-rounders – Hadja Cheick-Youssouf (VC), M Durga Prasad, Sivaguru Nadane (C)

Bowlers –
Jeyaseelan-B, G Ramesh Babu, P Ramesh Naidu, J Chandra Sekhar

KVXI vs YVXI Dream11 Prediction Fantasy Cricket Tips Dream11 Team Pondicherry Veterans T20

KVXI vs YVXI Dream11 Prediction

KVXI vs YVXI Pondicherry Veterans T20 Match 20 Expert Advice:

Senthil-R will be a top multiplier choice for the small leagues. J Chandra Sekhar and Mathavan P are among the punt-picks here. The best-suggested fantasy/Dream11 combination for this game is 1-3-3-4.

KVXI vs YVXI Pondicherry Veterans T20 Match 20 Probable Winners:

Karaikal Veterans XI are expected to win this match.

The post KVXI vs YVXI Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Cricket Tips, Dream11 Team, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Injury Update- Pondicherry Veterans T20 appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Rohit Sharma, Rahul Dravid (PC-Getty Images)

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) held a review meeting with an eye toward the 2023 ODI World Cup on Sunday, January 1. Following India’s dismal performances in the Asia Cup and the T20 World Cup, the board made some bold decisions during their review meeting. Former Pakistan leg-spinner Danish Kaneria believes the BCCI made the correct decision to prioritise Indian cricket over the Indian Premier League (IPL).

Mr Roger Binny, Honorary Secretary Mr Jay Shah, Indian Captain Mr Rohit Sharma, Team India Head Coach Mr Rahul Dravid, Head of Cricket (NCA) Mr VVS Laxman, and Chairman of Senior Men Selection Committee Mr Chetan Sharma attended the meeting. According to reports, the BCCI has decided to choose a 20-player pool and will be closely monitored by the NCA while working alongside IPL franchisees. The decision was made in an attempt to reduce the team’s injury problems.

IPL 2023 | IND vs SL 2023 | India vs Sri Lanka 2023 | India National Cricket Team | IND vs NZ 2023 | India vs New Zealand 2023 | IND vs AUS 2023 | India vs Australia 2023

Rahul Dravid Rohit Sharma

Rahul Dravid and Rohit Sharma. Image: Twitter

Better Late Than Never – Danish Kaneria

In a video on his YouTube channel, Danish Kaneria shared his thoughts on India’s decision to prioritize international cricket over the IPL, saying the BCCI has taken the right decision better late than never.

“You have seen me on a number of channels speaking about how India have priorities IPL over international cricket and that was seen in their performances in the Asia Cup and the T20 World Cup,” Danish Kaneria said.

Danish Kaneria

Danish Kaneria (Image Credit: Twitter)

“Finally, in an extended meeting in the presence of Rohit Sharma, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman and Roger Binny through video link, some tough decisions have been taken by the BCCI. Der aaye, durust aaye (Better late than never),” he added.

Kaneria feels that the National Cricket Academy (NCA) made the right decision to manage the players’ world load with IPL teams. He said, “NCA have decided to work in tandem with IPL teams to manage the workload of the players, which is really good. There are also reports that they have decide to pick players from a small pool of 20. While we don’t know the exact names, they will be more or less the same that have played for India of late.”

India will host a white-ball series against Sri Lanka, comprising three T20Is and as many ODIs. The Men in Blue will play the first T20I at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Tuesday, January 3.

Also read: IND vs SL: “Sanju Samson Has To Bat Out Of Position Because There Are So Many Jostling For Positions” – Kumar Sangakkara

Virat Kohli | Rohit Sharma | Rishabh Pant | KL Rahul | Suryakumar Yadav | Sanju Samson | Shreyas Iyer | Yuzvendra Chahal | Jasprit Bumrah

The post IND vs SL: “Some Tough Decisions Have Been Taken By The BCCI, Der Aaye, Durust Aaye” – Danish Kaneria appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Shahid Afridi

Former Pakistan National Cricket Team captain Salman Butt has lashed out at the Shahid Afridi-led selection committee for including three youngsters, who performed well in the Pakistan Junior League (PJL), in the Test squad of Pakistan for the ongoing series against New Zealand.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) recently underwent major changes with the arrival of a new chairman – Najam Sethi – and a new interim chief of the Men’s Selection Committee – Shahid Afridi. Also, Abdul Razzaq and Rao Iftikhar Anjum joined Afridi on the panel.

IPL 2023 | Sri Lanka Tour Of India 2023 | Dream11 Prediction | Fantasy Cricket Tips | Cricket Match Prediction Today | Cricket News | Cricket Live Score | New Zealand tour of India 2023 | Australia Tour Of India 2023

Shahid Afridi, ICC T20 World Cup

Shahid Afridi (Image Credit: Twitter

Shahid Afridi-led selection committee took a rather uncommon decision as they added three youngsters – all-rounder Arafat Minhas, top-order batter Basit Ali and right-arm fast bowler Mohammad Zeeshan – to the Test squad.

Afridi had told that the three youngsters will not be available for selection and several fans and experts were left surprised by the decision of the selection committee.

IPL 2023 | India National Cricket Team | IND vs SL 2023 | India vs Sri Lanka 2023 | IND vs NZ 2023 | India vs New Zealand 2023 | IND vs AUS 2023 | India vs Australia 2023

“Although the three players will not be available for selection, this initiative will fast track their progress and provide them better awareness, understanding and knowledge about the rigours and demands of top-grade cricket.” Afridi had said.

But what happens here? You will get into the team through PJL – Salman Butt

Salman Butt

Salman Butt. (Image- AP Photo/K.M. Chaudary)

In a video shared on his official YouTube channel, Salman Butt highlighted that the BCCI has made it mandatory for emerging players to play a substantial domestic season to be eligible for selection to the national team and said that in Pakistan, players are being drafted into squad based on performances in PJL.

Butt said that Pakistan’s dressing room in Test cricket is only for the players who have performed well in first-class cricket.

“BCCI says that in the emerging category, you need to have a substantial domestic experience. But what happens here? You will get into the team through PJL. That was the mindset. Even now, you are sending boys from PJL to Pakistan’s dressing room for ‘experience’. Remember, Pakistan’s Test match dressing room is the right of a first-class performer, it has nothing to do with performances in T20s across any age group. You need to look at that,” said Butt on his official YouTube channel.

“You can appreciate them. But give them opportunities according to what they’ve achieved, for god’s sake,” said the former Pakistan skipper further.
Salman Butt

Salman Butt

The first Test between New Zealand and Pakistan ended in a draw. The second Test commenced on January 2 in Karachi. After the Test series, the teams will be involved in a three-match ODI series on January 9, 11 and 13.

Also Read: “Kya Hum Sab Servant Rahenge India Ke, Kyunki Woh Ek World Power Hain” – Ramiz Raja Slams Najam Sethi Over India Relationship

Virat Kohli | Rohit Sharma | Rishabh Pant | KL Rahul | Suryakumar Yadav | Sanju Samson | Shreyas Iyer | Yuzvendra Chahal | Jasprit Bumrah

The post PAK vs NZ: Salman Butt Lashes Out At Shahid Afridi-led Selection Panel For “Sending Boys From PJL To Pakistan’s Dressing Room” appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Shivam Mavi

Indian Cricket Team is all set to take on Sri Lanka for a 3 T20I match series commencing from 3rd January (Tuesday). The selection panel has rested the senior players and has named a young and dynamic squad. The 24-year-old speedster Shivam Mavi has been included in the squad and finally got a chance after having a string of injuries.

This T20I Series would be quite exciting as both teams are evenly matched. Hardik Pandya has been given the responsibility to lead the side after a successful New Zealand T20I Series. The scintillating all-rounder would be well aware of the fact that India’s middle order is a bit fragile and he will have to play cautiously.

IPL 2023 | Sri Lanka tour of India 2023 | Dream11 Prediction | Fantasy Cricket Tips | Cricket Match Prediction Today | Cricket News | Cricket Live Score | New Zealand tour of India 2023 | Australia tour of India 2023

Hardik Pandya

Hardik Pandya. Image Credits – Getty Images

Shivam Mavi on getting A Call-Up

Shivam Mavi was having an interaction with ESPNcricinfo and was asked about the upcoming Sri Lanka Series. “When we play domestic games, we normally hit the bed early to get proper rest. But that day, because I heard the team was about to be announced, I was sitting in Saurabh [left-arm spinner Saurabh Kumar] bhaiyya’s room with Samarth [Singh]. As soon as I learnt of my selection, for a split second, everything came to a standstill. It was an amazing feeling. I was emotional, but I knew my time had come,” said Shivam Mavi.

IPL 2023 | IND vs SL 2023 | India vs Sri Lanka 2023 | India National Cricket Team | IND vs NZ 2023 | India vs New Zealand 2023 | IND vs AUS 2023 | India vs Australia 2023

Shivam Mavi

Shivam Mavi (Image Credit: Twitter)

“I have always been quite mentally strong. What I have learnt all the while is that injuries are part and parcel of the game. It is easy to be positive when things are going your way, but it is more important to stay positive when you are injured. That’s all I ever reminded myself of,” he added.

Shivam Mavi on Rahul Dravid

Shivam Mavi revealed how Rahul Dravid reacted to his injury. “When I got injured the second time, I was at the NCA and Rahul [Dravid] sir was also there. I was under pressure because of my repeated injuries. That’s when I sought him out and asked for his advice. He asked me to just keep my entire focus on the field of play. Injuries will come and go, but it is important to stay prepared for all opportunities that come your way,” said Shivam Mavi.

Rahul Dravid

Rahul Dravid. Pic Credits: Twitter

It would be interesting to see whether Shivam Mavi gets a game straight away as the likes of Arshdeep, Umran & Harshal are considered to be the pacers against Sri Lanka. Head Coach Rahul Dravid can’t take Sri Lanka lightly as they have got a surprise element in them.

Also Read: IND vs AUS: Matt Renshaw Looking Forward To South Africa Test, Not Concerned About India

The post IND vs SL: ‘When I Got Injured Again, Rahul Dravid Said…” – Shivam Mavi appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Dinesh Karthik, KKR, Kolkata Knight Riders

Kuldeep Yadav’s childhood coach, Kapil Pandey, has slammed former Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) skipper Dinesh Karthik for not giving his ward enough opportunities while leading the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in the Indian Premier League (IPL).

A left-arm wrist spinner was benched for an entire tournament in 2021 to play Sunil Narine and Varun Chakraborty for KKR and played just four games in the 2020 season. Kuldeep was released by KKR ahead of the IPL 2022 mega-auction and picked up by the Delhi Capitals.

Kuldeep Yadav, IPL

Kuldeep Yadav (Image Credit: Twitter)

He Used To Give Him Just 1-2 Overs Each Game – Kapil Pandey

During an interview with Sportskeeda, Kapil Pandey expressed his disappointment with the way Kuldeep Yadav was treated by Kolkata under Dinesh Karthik. Pandey said that Karthik had recently picked Kuldeep as his favourite Indian bowler, but he didn’t have much confidence in him when he was the captain.

“When he was with Kolkata and Karthik was the captain, he used to give him just 1-2 overs each game. Now he says that Kuldeep is his favorite Indian bowler,” he told Sportskeeda.

Dinesh Karthik and Kuldeep Yadav

Dinesh Karthik and Kuldeep Yadav (Image Credits: Twitter)

“Favorite tha to usko khilaaya kyu nahi? Usko khilaate? (If he was your favorite bowler then why didn’t you play him?) But that’s okay, that’s past now and I believe the future will be great for Kuldeep,” he added.

Delhi Capitals Have Backed And Supported Him – Kapil Pandey

Pandey emphasized the importance of a player receiving the necessary support from his captain and coach while heaping praise on Rishabh Pant and Ricky Ponting.

“He used to be badly neglected in Kolkata, but it has been the complete opposite in Delhi. Rishabh Pant, Ricky Ponting, Shane Watson and others have backed and supported him and that really helped him play freely.”

Kuldeep Yadav

Kuldeep Yadav. (Photo-IPL)

“Ponting told him that he will play all games, and when you hear this as a bowler, your morale gets boosted. Rishabh also backed him in all situations and so he deserves a lot of praise for Kuldeep’s comeback.”

Kuldeep’s performance improved dramatically after joining Delhi Capitals; he got regular chances and had his best season in the league, becoming the fifth-highest wicket-taker with 21 wickets in 14 games. Kuldeep bagged four Man of the Match awards and was instrumental in the Capitals winning seven league games.

Also read: IND vs SL: “Sanju Samson Has To Bat Out Of Position Because There Are So Many Jostling For Positions” – Kumar Sangakkara

The post “Favorite Tha To Usko Khilaaya Kyu Nahi? Usko Khilaate?” – Kuldeep Yadav’s Childhood Coach Kapil Pandey Lashes Out At Dinesh Karthik appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Pakistan vs New Zealand

Pakistan are currently hosting a two-Test series against New Zealand, with the first game ending in a draw in Karachi. The Babar Azam-led team almost survived a scare with the bad light that ended the final day’s play. The second and final Test match of the two-match series is scheduled to be played on Monday, January 2nd, at the National Stadium in Karachi.

Former Pakistan skipper Salman Butt was surprised by Pakistan’s pace attack in the ongoing Test series against New Zealand. Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, and Naseem Shah were ruled out of the Test series due to injury, and Mohammad Wasim Jr, who has played more T20 cricket for Pakistan, got the chance to represent the country in the longer format. Butt was shocked by Mir Hamza, who couldn’t hit 130 kmph replacing Shaheen.

Pakistan Cricket Team

Photo Credit: (PTI)

How Many Players Did You Make – Salman Butt

In a video on his YouTube channel, Salman Butt criticized the PCB for a lack of quality replacements, saying that India had 8-10 players ready to replace an injured player, but Pakistan only had three.

Salman Butt

Salman Butt (Image Credit: Twitter)

“Shaheen was initially unfit, followed by Haris Rauf and then Naseem Shah. And we don’t have a big talent pool either, thanks to our so-called quality-oriented management. You speak that India didn’t have Bumrah, but countries like them had 8-10 people ready to take the spot of an injured player. How many players did you make? What was the bench strength you made ready?” Salman Butt said.

This Certainly Affects The Balance Of The Team – Salman Butt

According to reports, the BCCI has decided to select a 20-player pool which will be closely monitored by the NCA while working with the IPL franchises. The decision was made in an attempt to reduce the team’s injury problems. Butt believes it was a smart decision after injuries hurt the Men in Blue at the multinational events.

“The amount of injuries that India has to deal with over the past year, right from the T20 World Cup in Dubai to the one last year where Bumrah couldn’t come, has been huge. This certainly affects the balance of the team as players keep on coming and going due to injuries.”

Also read: “At The Moment There Is Nothing I Can Do And There Is No Option For Me” – Nurul Hasan Worries About Future Due To Finger Injury

The post PAK vs NZ: “Shaheen Was Initially Unfit, Followed By Haris Rauf And Then Naseem Shah And We Don’t Have A Big Talent Pool” – Salman Butt appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Rishabh Pant

Indian Cricket Team’s audacious wicket-keeper batter Rishabh Pant had a dreadful accident on 30th December (Friday). The left-handed batter was in his Mercedes SUV and was heading back to his hometown Roorkee when his car crashed into a divider. He has been cleared out of danger but has a lot of injuries.

The selection panel didn’t name Rishabh Pant against Sri Lanka white ball series. The batter was supposed to be in National Cricket Academy (NCA) for Strength & Conditioning for the upcoming Australia Test Series which is slated in February.

IPL 2023 | Sri Lanka tour of India 2023 | Dream11 Prediction | Fantasy Cricket Tips | Cricket Match Prediction Today | Cricket News | Cricket Live Score | New Zealand tour of India 2023 | Australia tour of India 2023

Rishabh Pant (PC-Getty Images)

Rishabh Pant (PC-Getty Images)

Hardik Pandya on Rishabh Pant

Hardik Pandya was having an interaction with the media ahead of the 1st T20I match against Sri Lanka. “What happened is very unfortunate. As a team we wish him all the best. Our love and prayers are always with him and we hope he manages a speedy recovery. He was very important but everyone knows where the situation stands. A lot of people can get an opportunity. If Rishabh was there it would have made a big difference because of the kind of player he is. Now he is not there so we will see what the future has in store for us,” said Hardik Pandya.

Hardik Pandya (Image Credits: Getty Images)

Hardik Pandya (Image Credits: Getty Images)

Conundrum for Management

The Men in Blue has a golden chance to stamp the authority against Sri Lanka and take the revenge for the 2022 Asia Cup defeat. Skipper Hardik Pandya would be well aware of the fact that Sri Lanka would spin a web as they have got a lot of variety in their attack which can bamboozle the opposition.

Sanju Samson

Sanju Samson. Pic Credits: Twitter.

It would be interesting to see whether Sanju Samson gets a game as the batter has been around the group for quite some time. The management should play both Sanju Samson & Ishan Kishan as it will strengthen India’s middle order which looks a bit fragile.

Also Read: IND vs SL: ‘When I Got Injured Again, Rahul Dravid Said…” – Shivam Mavi

The post IND vs SL: “Rishabh Pant Was An Important Part Of Our Plans But Now…” – Hardik Pandya appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Sri Lanka National Cricket Team

Former Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir has stated that Sri Lanka is a dangerous T20I side and has urged India not to underestimate them in the upcoming series. The Dasun Shanaka-led team beat Pakistan in the final to win the title in the Asia Cup last year.

India will host a white-ball series against Sri Lanka, comprising three T20Is and as many ODIs. The Men in Blue will play the first T20I at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Tuesday, January 3. Hardik Pandya will lead the team in a shorter format, while Suryakumar Yadav will serve as his deputy.

The Indian Cricket Team

Image Credits: Twitter

Sri Lanka Have Got Two World-Class Spinners – Gautam Gambhir

During an interaction on the Star Sports show ‘Follow the Blues’, Gautam Gambhir stated that Sri Lanka have the skill, which was demonstrated in the Asia Cup. The former Indian opener feels that spinners Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana will pose a threat to the hosts.

“Sri Lanka are a formidable side in T20 cricket, that’s what they have shown in the Asia Cup. You can’t win the Asia Cup if you don’t have the talent. They have got individual brilliance,” Gautam Gambhir said.

Gautam Gambhir

Gautam Gambhir. (Photo: Twitter)

“They have got the combination. They have got two world-class spinners. How many teams have two world-class spinners in Hasaranga and Theekshana, and they can bowl in different situations as well,” he added.

Hasaranga represented Sri Lanka in 19 T20Is last year and took 34 wickets, including 10 against India in seven games. Theekshana took 22 wickets in 22 T20Is in 2022, including one wicket against the Men in Blue.

Dilshan Madushanka Can Bowl 140 And Swing The Ball Back In – Gautam Gambhir

Gambhir stated that the visitors have destructive batters such as Kusal Mendis, Charith Asalanka, and Bhanuka Rajapaksa who can be destructive in the T20s. The cricketer-turned-commentator feels that the Dasun Shanaka-led team also has a good seam attack.

“Not at any stage, India can take them lightly. They have got people like Kusal Mendis, Asalanka and Rajapaksa. These guys can be destructive, especially in the T20 format. The challenge for Sri Lanka will be the 50-over format. T20 – I think they are a very good side and probably it’s fifty-fifty.”

Dilshan Madushanka

Photo Credit: (AP)

“They have got Dilshan Madushanka as well. We haven’t seen a lot of him but he has got all the talent – whatever little we saw in the Asia Cup, he can bowl 140 and swing the ball back in. He has got a good slower one. Lahiru Kumara has got pace. So they have got all the ingredients to be a very good T20 side.”

Also read: “Favorite Tha To Usko Khilaaya Kyu Nahi? Usko Khilaate?” – Kuldeep Yadav’s Childhood Coach Kapil Pandey Lashes Out At Dinesh Karthik

The post IND vs SL: “Sri Lanka Are A Formidable Side In T20 Cricket, Not At Any Stage, India Can Take Them Lightly” – Gautam Gambhir appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Rohit Sharma

Indian Cricket Team is set to take on the mighty Sri Lankan Cricket Team for a 3 T20I match series starting from 3rd January (Tuesday). Skipper Rohit Sharma is yet to recover from his thumb injury which he sustained during the 2nd ODI against Bangladesh, due to which Hardik Pandya has been named the skipper for the T20I Series.

Wankhede Stadium is set to host 1st T20I match where we can expect a high-scoring thriller. There are chances that India may go in with 3 spinners against a powerful Sri Lankan batting lineup. The Men in Blue would be aiming for revenge after the 2022 Asia Cup defeat.

Hardik Pandya

Hardik Pandya (PC-Getty Images)

Gautam Gambhir on Rohit Sharma

Gautam Gambhir was having an interaction with ESPNcricinfo and was asked about Rohit Sharma. “I don’t think we need to look into it that much because we have to wait and watch once Rohit comes into the T20 squad whether they are going to still continue with Hardik as the captain and Surya as the vice-captain. We will have to wait and watch because how many options did you have with this young squad? “ said Gautam Gambhir.

Gautam Gambhir

Gautam Gambhir. (Photo: Twitter)

“Now he has been trusted with leadership and being the vice-captain of the country is always a great honour. So I am sure he is going to do a good job. Even if Rohit Sharma comes in and the selectors feel that Hardik is the right guy and Surya is the vice-captain, you can’t keep chopping and changing. If this is your leadership core, so be it.” he added.

Concerns for India

India’s middle order doesn’t look promising as the skipper Hardik Pandya will have to bat more responsibly if the team wants to put a formidable total on board. It won’t be wrong to say that Suryakumar Yadav would be tested against Sri Lanka’s spinners as they have a lot of variety.

Arshdeep Singh

Arshdeep Singh (PC-Getty Images)

In the absence of Bhuveneshwar, Bumrah & Shami; Arshdeep Singh will have to lead the bowling attack as his 4 overs would be quite decisive. The peculiarity of Sri Lankan Cricket Team is that they have got a long batting line up which allows them to play fearlessly.

Also Read: IND vs SL: “Rishabh Pant Was An Important Part Of Our Plans But Now…” – Hardik Pandya

The post IND vs SL: “Once Rohit Sharma Comes Into India’s T20 Squad…”- Gautam Gambhir appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Crystal

I'm Bot
OP
Crystal

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Hardik Pandya

Indian Cricket Team is set to play 3 T20I match series against Sri Lanka commencing from 3rd January (Tuesday). The scintillating all-rounder Hardik Pandya has been appointed as the skipper since Rohit Sharma hasn’t fully recovered from the thumb injury.

This T20I Series would provide ample opportunities for the likes of Sanju Samson & Shubman Gill to make a case for themselves. The selection panel has shown faith in Deepak Hooda which is quite surprising as the all-rounder doesn’t have promising numbers behind him.

Sanju Samson

Sanju Samson. Pic Credits: Twitter.

Hardik Pandya on 2023 Year

Hardik Pandya was seen interacting the media ahead of Sri Lanka T20I Series and was asked about is the resolution of 2023. “The biggest new year resolution is to win the World Cup. Going forward there is a lot to achieve. I have not achieved anything. There will be multiple World Cups in multiple years, so the goal always will be to win the World Cup. We are not looking to settle anything, it’s just that we want to play good cricket. And yes, we will make them feel they are in India.” said Hardik Pandya.

Hardik Pandya

Hardik Pandya (PC-Getty Images)

Critical T20I Series for India

It is assumed that Sri Lanka T20I Series would be the start of new era as BCCI is considering the option of having specialists for formats. The Men in Blue should not make the mistake of taking Sri Lanka lightly as earlier in Asia Cup 2022 they bamboozled the Indian Cricket Team.

Rahul Dravid

Rahul Dravid. Pic Credits: Twitter

Head Coach Rahul Dravid has a tough task on his hands as Sri Lanka would come out all guns blazing. The island nation hasn’t won a T20I Series in India. Earlier in 2022, they were completely dominated by India where they would be keen to make a mark this time.

Also Read: IND vs SL: “Once Rohit Sharma Comes Into India’s T20 Squad…”- Gautam Gambhir

The post IND vs SL: “Biggest New Year Resolution In 2023 Is To Win…”- Hardik Pandya appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Members

Threads

Back