News IND vs SL: “The Standout Innings By A Distance Has To Virat Kohli’s Knock Against Pakistan” – Dinesh Karthik

Crystal

I'm Bot

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Virat Kohli

Veteran Indian wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik has picked his best performers for India in all three formats for 2022. Karthik chose Virat Kohli’s innings against Pakistan in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup as the standout innings of 2022 and named Rishabh Pant as India’s best Test player.

Virat Kohli was India’s leading run-scorer in the T20 World Cup in Australia, scoring 296 runs at an average of 98.67 in six innings. The 34-year-old played a brilliant knock of unbeaten 82 runs against Pakistan during the Super 12 round and helped India secure a four-wicket victory in a last-ball thriller.

IPL 2023 | IND vs SL 2023 | India vs Sri Lanka 2023 | India National Cricket Team | IND vs NZ 2023 | India vs New Zealand 2023 | IND vs AUS 2023 | India vs Australia 2023

Virat Kohli (PC-Getty Images)

Virat Kohli (PC-Getty Images)

It Has To Be Suryakumar Yadav In T20Is – Dinesh Karthik

Speaking to Cricbuzz, Dinesh Karthik picked Virat Kohli’s performance against Pakistan as the standout innings of the year and named Suryakumar Yadav as India’s best T20I performer for the year 2022.

Virat Kohli and Suryakumar Yadav

Virat Kohli and Suryakumar Yadav (PC-Getty Images)

“There have been quite a few good performances. But the standout innings by a distance has to Virat Kohli’s knock against Pakistan. Having said that, if I have to pick the best batter for each format for the year, it has to be Suryakumar Yadav in T20Is, by a country mile the best in India and arguably the best in the world,” said Karthik.

Rishabh Pant Has Been Phenomenal This Year – Dinesh Karthik

Karthik picked wicketkeeper batter, Rishabh Pant, as India’s best batsman in red-ball cricket and Shreyas Iyer as the most consistent batsman in ODI cricket in 2022.

Shreyas Iyer & Rishabh Pant

Shreyas Iyer & Rishabh Pant. Pic Credits: Twitter

“When it comes to Test cricket, Rishabh Pant has been phenomenal this year, consistent under pressure and doing so well. He is closely followed by Shreyas but that’s about it. In the ODI format as well, Shreyas Iyer has done wonderfully well for India last year and made himself a household name that India can back for this World Cup,” Karthik added.

Pant, the only Indian batsman to score 500-plus runs in Test cricket this year, scored 680 runs at an average of 61.81 in just 12 Test innings, including two centuries and four fifties. Shreyas was a consistent performer for India in all formats this year. In 15 ODI innings, the right-handed batsman scored 724 runs at an average of 55.69, including a hundred and six fifties.

It’s Been Very Ordinary Year – Dinesh Karthik

Dinesh Karthik isn’t pleased with India’s ODI performance in 2022, saying it was an “ordinary year” for the Men in Blue.

“ODI cricket, to be fair to India, I don’t think we’ve played a strong team till now because the focus has been on T20 cricket. But again, it’s been a very ordinary year. We’ve lost to New Zealand, Bangladesh, Australia, and we just scrapped past England. I’m not counting teams like Sri Lanka and West Indies, because these are teams that we have a mental edge over them.”

Also read: IND vs SL: “Everything Was Going Wrong For Him, However, He Was Able To Turn Things Around” – Aakash Chopra On Virat Kohli

Virat Kohli | Rohit Sharma | Rishabh Pant | KL Rahul | Suryakumar Yadav | Sanju Samson | Shreyas Iyer | Yuzvendra Chahal | Jasprit Bumrah

The post IND vs SL: “The Standout Innings By A Distance Has To Virat Kohli’s Knock Against Pakistan” – Dinesh Karthik appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Members

Threads

Back