Bookclub-in-a-Box Discusses The Book of Negroes Someone Knows My Name, by Lawrence Hill

Forum Legend

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Months of Service

LEVEL 1
45 XP
d550695e59405935acc17ca43d44e720.jpeg

Free Download Laura Godfrey, "Bookclub-in-a-Box Discusses The Book of Negroes / Someone Knows My Name, by Lawrence Hill: The Complete Guide for Readers and Leaders"
English | 2010 | ISBN: 1897082592 | EPUB | pages: 88 | 0.2 mb
The history and terror of black slavery has been well documented in literature and film. Lawrence Hill s new book doesn t lessen the awfulness of the times, but adds a unique human dimension. Hill has created an uplifting and highly educational story about a shameful part of history. The Book of Negroes is sold in the United States under the title, Someone Knows My Name. Aminata Diallo was born free in Africa in the eighteenth century. She had a rich and lovely childhood until the day she was captured by slave traders and marched off to the coast in chains. Along with thousands of others, Aminata was destined for North America as a slave to white owners. She was eleven years old. Hill tracks Aminata s story through the circle of her life. We travel with her to South Carolina, New York, Nova Scotia, London (England), and even to Freetown in Sierra Leone. Each step of the way, we learn about the horrors and immorality of slavery. As we look at and listen to these diminished people, we observe how they courageously work at overcoming the psychological hardships and limitations imposed by their imprisonment. Bookclub-in-a-Box discusses the different facets of this novel. Identity is an important part of the characters and the title of the book. The finger of blame and responsibility for the terrible tragedy of human slavery points in many directions. North American black history includes a look at Black Loyalists and their journey to Nova Scotia, Canada. Freetown, Sierra Leone was the creation of British Abolitionists who wanted to bring the slaves home to Africa. Every Bookclub-in-a-Box discussion guide includes complete coverage of the themes and symbols, writing style and interesting background information on the novel and the author.

Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me

FileFox
l4wwe.rar
Rapidgator
l4wwe.rar.html
Uploadgig
l4wwe.rar

Links are Interchangeable - Single Extraction

DownGX's SIGNATURE

Members

Threads

Back