News IND vs SL: Irfan Pathan Names Sri Lankan Cricketers Who Could Be Dangerous To India

Crystal

I'm Bot

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Sri Lanka National Cricket Team

Sri Lankan Cricket Team is all set to lock horns against India in a 3 T20I match series commencing from 3rd January (Tuesday). The island nation doesn’t have a promising record in India where they are yet to win a T20I Series. The skipper Dasun Shanaka has a strenuous task as beating India in their own backyard won’t be easy.

The selection panel has named a second-string squad where senior members like Virat Kohli & Rohit Sharma are not a part of the squad. There are chances that the management go in with 3 spinners given Sri Lankan team has got left-handed batters present.

IPL 2023 | Sri Lanka tour of India 2023 | Dream11 Prediction | Fantasy Cricket Tips | Cricket Match Prediction Today | Cricket News | Cricket Live Score | New Zealand tour of India 2023 | Australia tour of India 2023

Hardik Pandya and Tim Southee

Hardik Pandya and Tim Southee (PC-Getty Images)

Irfan Pathan on Sri Lanka

Irfan Pathan was having an interaction with Sportskeeda and was asked about Sri Lanka. “Sri Lanka is not that bad a team. We know what they did in the Asia Cup. They really did well. We have to be careful. I really feel that Kusal Mendis, Wanindu Hasaranga as well as Lahiru Kumara – who has got express pace, Maheesh Theekshana – these four-five guys can be real threats. Their captain Dasun Shanaka, I quite like that pick, he is fearless. He has got that long handle as well when he bats.” said Irfan Pathan.

IPL 2023 | IND vs SL 2023 | India vs Sri Lanka 2023 | India National Cricket Team | IND vs NZ 2023 | India vs New Zealand 2023 | IND vs AUS 2023 | India vs Australia 2023

Irfan Pathan

Irfan Pathan (Image Credit: Twitter)

Great Chance for Sri Lanka

The island nation has got an edge over India due to their Asia Cup 2022 win against India. Sri Lanka recently has adopted a fearless approach which has been quite fruitful. The speciality of Sri Lanka is that they have got a long batting lineup that the opposition team cannot take them lightly.

Dasun Shanka

Dasun Shanaka. Pic Credits: Twitter

Wanindu Hasaranga can be the ‘X’ factor for Sri Lanka as his IPL experience would come in handy. Shanaka should use him in 3 spells as his 4 overs are quite decisive. It would be interesting to see how the series pans out as both the teams are evenly matched.

Also Read: IND vs SL: “India’s Best ODI Player In 2022 Has To Be Shreyas Iyer” – Aakash Chopra

Virat Kohli | Rohit Sharma | Rishabh Pant | KL Rahul | Suryakumar Yadav | Sanju Samson | Shreyas Iyer | Yuzvendra Chahal | Jasprit Bumrah

The post IND vs SL: Irfan Pathan Names Sri Lankan Cricketers Who Could Be Dangerous To India appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Members

Threads

Back