News IND vs SL: “India’s Best ODI Player In 2022 Has To Be Shreyas Iyer” – Aakash Chopra

Crystal

I'm Bot

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

LEVEL 1
100 XP
Shreyas Iyer

Indian Cricket Team is all set to play 3 T20I Match Series against Sri Lanka starting from 3rd January (Tuesday). Apart from the T20I Series, the Men in Blue are also scheduled for 3 match ODI Series which would serve as a stepping stone for the ODI World Cup 2023.

The likes of Virat Kohli & Rohit Sharma are not a part of the T20I Series. Skipper Hardik Pandya has been named the skipper after the T20I Series triumph against New Zealand. Hardik Pandya may promote himself up the order as the middle order looks a bit fragile.

IPL 2023 | Sri Lanka tour of India 2023 | Dream11 Prediction | Fantasy Cricket Tips | Cricket Match Prediction Today | Cricket News | Cricket Live Score | New Zealand tour of India 2023 | Australia tour of India 2023

Hardik Pandya. India

Hardik Pandya (PC-Getty Images)

Aakash Chopra on Shreyas Iyer

Aakash Chopra was seen speaking on his YouTube channel and made some interesting comments on Shreyas Iyer. “Whenever and wherever he has played for India and in whichever format, he has been absolutely sensational. In my opinion, he has been very, very good. India’s best ODI player in 2022 has to be Shreyas Iyer,” said Aakash Chopra.

IPL 2023 | IND vs SL 2023 | India vs Sri Lanka 2023 | India National Cricket Team | IND vs NZ 2023 | India vs New Zealand 2023 | IND vs AUS 2023 | India vs Australia 2023

Aakash Chopra (Image Credits: Twitter)

Aakash Chopra (Image Credits: Twitter)

“India did not play much ODI cricket but whatever they played, you can actually keep this player’s name in all three formats – he didn’t play the T20 World Cup, but he is consistently performing whenever you are giving him a chance. He could be India’s best all-format batter in 2022. I think you already know it – Shreyas Iyer. He made his Test debut in 2021 where he scored a century against New Zealand,” he added.

Aakash Chopra on Shreyas Iyer’s ODI Run

Aakash Chopra was quite praise-worthy on Shreyas Iyer. “He scores runs regularly in ODI cricket, you can play anywhere. You can change the country but he consistently always scores runs. In whatever T20s he has played, he has scored a lot of runs although, let’s be fair, the IPL was not that good,” said Aakash Chopra.

Shreyas Iyer (Image Credits: AP)

Shreyas Iyer (Image Credits: AP)

It won’t be wrong to say that Shreyas Iyer has cemented his place in the 2023 World Cup. He along with Virat & Rohit can form a formidable middle order. The batter has received a lot of criticism for his strike rate but he is someone who can play long and effective innings which is invaluable in modern cricket.

Also Read: IPL 2023: MS Dhoni Welcomes 2023 With Daughter Ziva In Dubai

Virat Kohli | Rohit Sharma | Rishabh Pant | KL Rahul | Suryakumar Yadav | Sanju Samson | Shreyas Iyer | Yuzvendra Chahal | Jasprit Bumrah

The post IND vs SL: “India’s Best ODI Player In 2022 Has To Be Shreyas Iyer” – Aakash Chopra appeared first on CricketAddictor.

Members

Threads

Back