Status

Rep

Bits

Months of Service

LEVEL 7
170 XP

hq720.jpg

Last updated 3/2024
Created by James Spurin (Docker Captain / CNCF Ambassador / Kubestronaut),DiveInto Training
MP4 | Video: h264, 1280x720 | Audio: AAC, 44.1 KHz, 2 Ch
Genre: eLearning | Language: English | Duration: 70 Lectures ( 3h 55m ) | Size: 2.1 GB

Get Started with Containers, Docker, Kubernetes with a Docker Captain and CNCF Ambassador *Full Kubernetes Lab Included*

What you'll learn:
The evolution of Containers and the impact of Docker in the world of Linux, DevOps and CI/CD
Docker's Contribution of Containerd and Runc to the CNCF and the Open Compute Initiative
DockerShim, how it relates to Kubernetes and why it's deprecation does not matter
Installation and Setup of Containerd and Runc as our Container Runtime
How to configure and install CNI (Container Network Interface) Plugins
Using Nerdctl with Containerd to provide a Docker CLI experience
Running containers with Containerd and Nerdctl
Installation and Setup of Kubernetes using Kubeadm
Configuring a Kubernetes Container Network Interface
YAML - How to quickly generate Kubernetes YAML using the CLI
Kubernetes Pods - The smallest unit of compute in Kubernetes
The Pause Container - An important Kubernetes component that many overlook
Kubernetes Deployments and ReplicaSets (for Scaling)
Services - For network connectivity
How to deconstruct and reconstruct a Kubernetes cluster, component by component
Architectural Deep Dive: Kubelet
Architectural Deep Dive: ETCD
Architectural Deep Dive: Kube-Apiserver
Architectural Deep Dive: Kube-Scheduler
Architectural Deep Dive: Controller-Manager
Architectural Deep Dive: Kube-Proxy
Architectural Deep Dive: CoreDNS
Architectural Deep Dive: Kube-DNS
Understanding Kubernetes Architecture Diagrams
Further exploration with a thorough Quiz and Challenges
Requirements:
Basic System Administration
Description:
***[CNCF Endorsed] ***Student Testimonials -★★★★★ "This was not the first Kubernetes course I enrolled in. After completing the others, I felt like I was missing the details; like I could work with a K8s Cluster as long as everything is in great shape. But if the slightest gear would crack (which likely may happen, especially when updating K8s), I felt like I did not even have a clue where to start looking at. This course filled the majority of these knowledge gaps for me and I am very happy that I have enrolled in this! Wish this were my first K8s course before enrolling in the others"★★★★★ "Amazing! I especially like the part on dissecting the various components of Kubernetes: shut down all the components and starting them one by one to see what each of them does. It gives me a good understanding of how Kubernetes works under the hood. The explanations and demos are also concise and clear. Not to mention the convenient and awesome lab environment. Thank you James for this awesome course!"★★★★★ "The course is direct to the point in terms of it being hands-on. You are practically taken through the installations and finally, an outline of the entire deep-dive is shared for better understanding. Also, the quiz and challenges section is detailed in such a way that it would offer one a comprehensive review of the entire course. Great!"★★★★★ "Excellent course for those who want to learn basics of Docker and well explained Kubernetes basic concepts including its architecture. Quiz section is just good to evaluate your knowledge and Lab Challenge contains exercise which if you complete properly then you will become confident in Container and Kubernetes concepts."★★★★★ "Clear information, spoken and visual. The content covers a lot of question, the tone is perfect with enough space to be able to follow without replaying any section. I'm delighted."Kubernetes is the hottest topics in the realm of DevOps and is one of the most demanded skillsets. As a DevOps Engineer, salaries upwards of $100,000 annually are readily available.This course fully takes you from ground zero! You'll learn the basics of Containers. You'll learn how to become effective with Docker (how to use Docker to run, manage and even build multi platform containers!). We'll then focus on Kubernetes and by the end of this course you'll also have a solid foundation of Kubernetes and every component that is used.Provided with this course is an incredible lab environment that will enforce all knowledge in the course as well as quizzes, optional study and optional challenges! This course was created based on my own personal frustrations when learning Kubernetes. Many courses and books explain the core components as theory but have little hands on usage or examples of the Kubernetes ArchitectureMy belief is that an understanding of the Kubernetes core components, as well as those that are hidden in the background provides you with a much better understanding of how and why Kubernetes works and will also make you more much effective with Kubernetes!After an overview of the history of Containers, Kubernetes and the relationship to Docker, we'll cover the use of Dockershim, it's deprecation, the inception of Containerd and Runc and we'll configure these as part of our container runtime environment.We'll then install and configure Nerdctl, a cli for Containerd that provides the awesome CLI experience that we're used to with Docker!CNI plugins provide an introduction to the world of Container Network Interfaces.We'll build a Kubernetes cluster using kubeadm and explore common components and functionality - Pods, the Pause container, Deployments, Replicasets and Services.With our Kubernetes cluster running, we'll carefully dismantle the components one by one. We'll then start each component, repeating the functionality that we've explored and will understand, step by step, what each component is and why it's important in the Kubernetes ecosystem.We'll talk through the use of the Kubelet, ETCD, Kube-ApiServer, Kube-Scheduler, Controller-Manager, Kube-Proxy, CoreDNS and Kube-DNS!Lastly there are Quizzes and Challenges to test and take your knowledge further.
Who this course is for:
Beginners in Containers
System Administrators
Developers
Operations
Technical Project Managers
Users of Docker looking to make the next step into Kubernetes

Members

Threads

Back