Bits

Months of Service

LEVEL 7
170 XP

cover.png

Published 5/2024
Created by Ramesh Retnasamy
MP4 | Video: h264, 1280x720 | Audio: AAC, 44.1 KHz, 2 Ch
Genre: eLearning | Language: English | Duration: 130 Lectures ( 13h 39m ) | Size: 4.13 GB

Become a Confident SQL Developer by Working on 120+ Coding Exercises and a Real World Project[NEW 2024]

What you'll learn:
You will learn how to create database tables, alter an existing table and drop a table that's not required
You will learn how to query data from a table, apply transformations using functions, filter and sort the data returned
You will learn how to join multiple tables, summarise the data as required to produce summaries
You will learn how to use sub queries and common table expressions to implement complex logic
You will learn how to create and work with views to simplify complex solutions
You will learn how to use window functions to carry out complex data analysis with ease
You will learn how to design and implement a database for a real world project
You will learn how to write SQL queries required to satisfy the requirements for a real world project
Requirements:
No prior SQL or programming experience necessary. I will start from the beginning and provide step-by-step instructions
No database installation required. We use the database provided by the Udemy Platform. So, any device that you are using to take the course is sufficient.
Description:
Welcome! I am looking forward to helping you with learning SQL, one of the fundamental skills required to become a data professional. SQL is one of the important skill required to become data engineers, data analysts, data scientists, web developers, application developer etc. This is a hand-on course with 120+ coding exercises and a real world project of building a database for one of the popular sporting tournaments, Indian Premier League and writing all the SQL statements required for the scorecard of the tournament website. No downloads or database installations required. I teach the course using the Udemy coding exercises platform which comes with a database installed for you! You just need a web browser with any device (i.e., iPad, tablet, laptop) to practice SQL! Once you have completed the course including all the coding exercises and the project, I strongly believe that you will be in a position to start working in a real world data project using SQL.I value your time as much as I do mine. So, I have designed this course to be fast-paced and to the point. Also, the course has been taught with simple English and no jargons. I start the course from basics and by the end of the course you will be proficient in SQL. Currently this course teaches you the followingBasics of SQL statementsQuerying DataFiltering DataSimple SQL functionsDate FunctionsConditional Expressions & FunctionsAggregate FunctionsGrouping DataJoinsSQL ConstraintsPrimary & Foreign Keys and RelationshipsDatabase Design & Entity Relationship DiagramsSubqueriesCommon Table Expressions (CTEs)ViewsWindow/ Analytical FunctionsWorking with a Real World ProjectThis course assumes no prior knowledge of SQL or any programming language. Once you complete the course, I genuinely believe that you will be in a position to confidently work in a real time project using SQL!
Who this course is for:
University students looking for a career in Information Technology
Software Engineers working with data, i.e, Web Developers, App Developers etc
Anyone interested in Data Engineering, Data Analysis, Data Science, Business Intelligence etc

Members

Threads

Back