477075112_iz86rrp4r1xz.jpg

A Transatlantic Tunnel, Hurrah! by Harry Harrison | 220.34 KB
240 Pages

Title: A Transatlantic Tunnel, Hurrah!
Author: Harry Harrison​

Description:

Review
"A genuine flavour of Verne... Very enjoyable."--M. John Harrison
"The novel's plot is complicated and immensely satisfying.... Mr Harrison skilfully inserts all the certainties and basic decencies of the Victorian novel into a revised contemporary setting.... It is a book which I can recommend with all my heart."--Auberon Waugh
"The More Technically Minded Gentlemen of the Reading Public will, I venture to say, find much that is Enjoyable and Most Humorous in _A Transatlantic Tunnel, Hurrah! Hurrah! for the most redoubtable Mr Harrison--may his imagination Long Continue in such a Queer Vein as this." --infinityplus_

Product Description
Over 4,000 miles in length, intended to sustain a pressure of 1,000 atmospheres while accommodating cargo and passengers traveling in excess of 1,000 miles per hour, the Transatlantic Tunnel is the greatest engineering feat in the history of the British Empire, a project worthy of Her Majesty's Empire in this the eighth decade of the twentieth century.
If the project is a success, the credit will belong to Captain Augustus Washington, the most brilliant engineer of our age. It is Washington's greatest hope that his success will at last erase the family shame inspired by that other Washington, George, traitor to his King, who was hanged by Lord Cornwallis more than two centuries ago.

DOWNLOAD:

Members

Threads

Back